• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you manage being first time pregnant and just got out off relationship

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
I just got out off relationship and am pregnant. It's kinda hard in our society to be pregnant with out getting married first and since its my first time everything is new to me.
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I would just focus on staying healthy and drama-free.    Your focus and energy should be on the baby.  I would make sure  you have a strong support ssystem - family and friends - who can share the pregnancy with you and who willbe able to help you, when you need it.

Regarding the relationship, if he is the father, then does he want to be involved?   Will you name him on the birth certificate to get child support?    It mayhelp having a free consultation with a family law attorney to make sure you make the right decisions.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Hello!

I don't have any great advice, just study as much as you can about babies and raising children so you can give your child the best possible life.

Here is a group that you may also be interested in checking out for some answers. Good luck!

kenean
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM
He is the father but he doesn't want to involve he doesn't want the baby in the first place. It just happens then he backed out and am not sure if I want him in our lives.
kenean
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM
Tanks.
CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. Do you live in the US? It's pretty normal here to be pregnant without being married. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this.
If you have a job and can take care of yourself you can take care of a child.

Check daycare rates in your area.

Quoting CP2017:

I'm sorry. Do you live in the US? It's pretty normal here to be pregnant without being married. 

Reina13
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Just focus on you and your baby. Don't worry about anything or anyone else. 

Rely on your family and friends as your support system. You can do this.

babyboxfish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:44 PM

agreed. lean on others durng this time, and if not, then meet some new people. it's tough, i know, but you have support.

Quoting Reina13:

Just focus on you and your baby. Don't worry about anything or anyone else. 

Rely on your family and friends as your support system. You can do this.

kenean
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM
No I don't live in US,i have a great family who support me bt still the expectations from you others it's killing me ppl ask you here after certain age "wn r u going to get married? " and family weedings are the worst ty expect I will be next.i graduated from University last year, so here if you are educated ter are certain society rule tat is set on you. I am trying to make this all abt the baby bt still...
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:42 PM
What did your parents and his parents say? I'm thinking if it's not acceptable in your country to have a child outside of wedlock both families would get involved to make sure there's a marriage and a man saying he doesn't want the child is not acceptable.

Quoting kenean: No I don't live in US,i have a great family who support me bt still the expectations from you others it's killing me ppl ask you here after certain age "wn r u going to get married? " and family weedings are the worst ty expect I will be next.i graduated from University last year, so here if you are educated ter are certain society rule tat is set on you. I am trying to make this all abt the baby bt still...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)