• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That candy in the heart shaped boxes?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM
  • 32 Replies

I never thought of it, but a friend mentioned today that the candy in those heart shaped boxes isn't as good as other candy.

After thinking about it, I do remember the candy being hard and not very good- but it could be the brand that I had. I have seen Valentine candy boxes out since before Christmas, though, so maybe they aren't as good because of this?

Thoughts? :) ♥

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
It's dependent on the brand more than the box. Godiva hearts are amazing.
LadyGigi
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually really like one of the cheapest brands you can get, Elmer's... but it's definitely not on par with quality chocolate. I wouldn't even say it's good, I just like it. Good chocolates come in heart shaped boxes as well, though they can be ridiculously overpriced!
momof337
by Stephanie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Definately the brand
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont like the rasberry flavored. Makes me grimace like sucking on lemon
taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't stand the heart boxes with the chocolates.  I do not like at least 90% of the chocolate choices in them.  That's why you end up with the box full of half bitten into chocolates.

We use reusuable, decorative heart boxes that I got from Hobby Lobby and we fill them with the chocolates that we do enjoy and will eat.   I prefer it this way.  

GreenFlamingo1
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
The brand makes all the difference.
CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I always get Dove, Lindt, or Godiva, and it's always delicious. A lot of the heart boxes though are crappy off brands, so yeah, I wouldn't expect them to taste good.

ineffable
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a chocolate snob and I have yet to think any of those boxed candies are good. However, I think Godiva, Dove and the others are crap too. Essentially anything out of a processing plant is nasty to me. It might just be my region though, because there are a lot of small chocolatiers in this area.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:50 PM

umm! Never had these. :)

Quoting AmaliaD: It's dependent on the brand more than the box. Godiva hearts are amazing.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

What a good idea!!!

Quoting taKENheart:

I can't stand the heart boxes with the chocolates.  I do no like at least 90% of the chocolate choices in them.  That's why you end up with the box full of half bitten into chocolates.We use reusuable, decorative heart boxes that I got from Hobby Lobby and we fill them with the chocolates that we do enjoy and will eat.   I prefer it this way.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)