Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice and support

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
My husband and I have been married since 9/24/16 and I want to leave. We have a 3 month old baby girl and he doesn't help with her even after I got out of the hospital... He smokes weed every day, and I'd have nothing against it if it was legal and couldn't get my baby taken... But he's on probation, doesn't try to spend time with her or me, is always playing video games. Gets mad and tells me to stop complaining about being tired bc he works and I don't.. he didn't use to be like this but he doesn't care if he goes to jail and leaves me and my daughter without any support... I want to leave and get a divorce bc my daughter deserves better, I do too... He stopped caring once he found out we were having a girl and not a boy at my 20 wk scan... I just really need to know if I'm justified in leaving bc it feels wrong bc he's my husband but in the past I'd leave if a man treated me like this... I just want some reassurance I guess... Battling PPD and anxiety and dealing with him is just emotionally draining....
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:25 AM
Is this the type of life you want for you and your child?
Bellamirsmommy
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM
No because my daughter deserves better.. I just feel like I'm over reacting because that's how he makes me feel. My family doesn't think I should give up on the marriage but he won't change. He told me he won't

Quoting virginiamama71: Is this the type of life you want for you and your child?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:31 AM
It's on you to make the decision.

Quoting Bellamirsmommy: No because my daughter deserves better.. I just feel like I'm over reacting because that's how he makes me feel. My family doesn't think I should give up on the marriage but he won't change. He told me he won't

Quoting virginiamama71: Is this the type of life you want for you and your child?
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried counseling? For both of you? Is he willing to get help? If not I'd also think about what is best for my child.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Friday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Do what you feel is best for you & your daughter,
Doesn't sound like he is interested in being a father or a husband.
Best of luck :)

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Why did you have a baby with this loser?
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:32 PM

Despite some states allowing weed, it is still an introduction to drugs and can lead to heavier drug use. Besides it impairs a person when they are using it. It is time to move on with your life, making the best life you can for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)