Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice 😭

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:10 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is it too early to have my one month old on a routine?
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:11 AM
whenever you're ready.
alli1204
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to get all different kinds of opinions, because everyone parents differently....that being said, I'm a routine person, so my dd was on a routine at 1 month old. Obviously her needs were met 100% of the time, even if they didn't fall into my "routine" but for the most part we were on a schedule. 10 years later she's still a very routine kiddo. I created a monster. 😂
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM

You can try .. it's all up to you & your baby :)

S.M.ile
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM
If you can make it work.
I can't, but my baby has tons of issues. Many mom's I know are on strict feeding every 3 hours and it works for them.
beYOUtywithin_
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM

I think every parent has a different opinion, but it's whenever you're ready & feel comfortable with it.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:59 AM

It is sort of unreasonable to think that you're going to be able to control a one-month old's schedule.  That said, you can certainly put a loose routine into place. 

Just be prepared for a lot of changes . . . as babies change, routines and schedules change.

Congratulations on your new baby!  (Boy or girl?)

Pjsncoffeetime
by on Mar. 19, 2017 at 8:35 AM

it's up to you and your baby,you can always try

Easedropping
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 9:05 AM
You can try. I liked routines with my kids from an early age but it was flexible based on their needs at the time.
notuseless
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 9:18 AM
You can try but you also need to allow for lots of naps and late night feedings. My baby slept thrugh the night from 11pm until 5am when she had breakfast then she had a hour of tummy time then a two hour nap, at 9am brunch then an hour of tummy time, a bath, a nap 2pm lunch, nap, at 5pm dinner, tummy time, cuddling, playing then a nap then at 8pm 2nd dinner, tummy time then at 11pm it was 3rd dinner and bed time.
My baby crawled at 5 months and was walking by 9 months.
GlitterInTheAir
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 9:22 AM
We had routines since day one. My eldest was born type A. From the day we took her home from the hospital if her routine was not followed to the letter, no one slept.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)