Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were suddenly handed $1000 to spend however you wanted, what would you spend it on?
The catch is, you have to spend it all today and you can NOT use it to pay bills or for other necessities. 
Could you easily spend it under those circumstances??

credit card

by on Mar. 27, 2017 at 10:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
louise2
by on Mar. 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Books, I love reading. I could spend the whole $1000.00 on books. I need new bras.  I could use some more  sneakers.  Paint and supply for the house. 

Kdprocks
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM
I'd have no problem spending the money. I'd first shop for my daughters, they are always in need of something new. Then I'd shop for my son (adult) he has 2 littles so he really needs new stuff, then my grandbabies (something little, they dont need much) then for myself and hubby. Maybe rent a house boat for an overnight water getaway, or something like that.
Marinefranksmom
by on Mar. 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would instantly buy a plane ticket to go see my "kids" in SC, and also arrange and pay for some fun things for us to do - I'd buy gift cards to our favorite places to eat and visit, including a trolley tour of Savannah, GA (the airport I fly into) $1,000 should just about cover it!

momofjb03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I would buy things for our soon-
to-be new home..
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 27, 2017 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would take a weekend trip somewhere.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd take the family out for a nice meal. :)

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Do you have any ideas where?

Quoting virginiamama71: I would take a weekend trip somewhere.

JkBrauer
by Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a big spender, but if I had to spend it today; I would plan a trip for my husband and me.

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM

A new laptop for sure, the one i'm using is my old laptop from like 7 years ago and the keyboard is broken lol so I'm using a wireless keyboard. My newer laptop died unexpectedly last year, it was devastating lol

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2017 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going away for the weekend so I might sock some away for the trip but I'd use some of it for new clothes for the kids, a Pentatonix cd or 2, a new book or movie, use it with my coupon and gift card to get myself some new clothes and then I'd treat my family to supper out at our favorite restaurant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)