Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM
  • 124 Replies

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip? 

Where did you go?  Do you travel a lot?

What are you doing for spring break this year?

travel

by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

last trip I took them on was to one of the beaches.  It was so cool!!  Tons of schools of dolphins.  My daughter freaked out coz a baby dolphin poked her. 

Black_Lace
by Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course. We go on several trips a year, and try for at least one international trip each year. 

This year, in the summer we're going to Orlando for 10 days, and then on an Alaskan cruise. In September, we're going to Italy. 

Reese2010727
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

weekend trips and birthday trips

different areas of Texas...Arkansas in June this year though

I worked all spring break so we didn't do anything

LGAll65215
by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this
So many trips I have lost count. We always visited family out of state every summer , we went to Disneyland and Disneyworld , we were based in Germany twice and drove all over Europe . They were little troopers . πŸ˜„ They loved all of the new places and sights and rarely fussed unless they were really tired . We started traveling when they were babies .
poietes
by Laura on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We go down to Az every Feb to visit my inlaws. And then we go on camping trips in the summer. 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, we have been to visit family several times, since she was a baby.
Last year, we took our first vacation to the beach and we also took a road trip to Colorado.
Not as much as I used (mostly just family visits).
We stayed home for Spring Break this year. I took a few days off the week before as my mom came to visit and it was on her Spring Break.  

all2gethernow
by Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Years ago-after a horrendous divorce (domestic violence) I took my 4 kids ages 5-11 for a 10 day trip. We spent several days in Williamsburg at a resort, then Jamestown, then almost a week in an ocean front suite at Virginia Beach. It was early October ( we homeschool-so we took our books) but it was still 80 degrees. It was an awesome trip-tho mama did have some wine on a few of those nights😊😊
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

We didn't go anywhere on spring break because we are going to Denver for graduation in May and my parents' 50th anniversary celebration in Cotopaxi in August.  Our last big family vacation was to Oak Harbor, Washington, and the island of Oahu in Hawaii.  We have also driven cross country to various destinations.  I love to travel!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't say we travel a lot. We used to go on two vacations a year, and then didn't go anywhere for 4 years.

My boys have been to Newport News, VA, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN, Myrtle Beach and Cherry Grove, SC. My daughter has only been to Myrtle Beach. We MIGHT go to Cherry Grove this summer, but nothing over spring break.
NiamhWitch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

We went on a cross-country road trip (that lasted 2 weeks) when we moved from SoCal to NH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)