Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?

Posted by   + Show Post

Where did you go?  Do you travel a lot?

What are you doing for spring break this year?

travel

by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Has your sister seen your new baby yet? How far are they traveling from?

Quoting kjb1984:

No trips yet, but she's only 8 weeks old. My sister and her two boys are visiting for spring break.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 1:59 PM

You're so lucky you get to travel! What is your favorite place so far?

Quoting coolmommy2x: We've traveled with our kids a lot. Mostly to DisneyWorld but we've been to Williamsburg twice, Cape Cod, Boston, NYC, London, Paris, Bermuda. We love to travel! Nothing for spring break, they only get 3 days and one we're taking DS on a college visit ( so it's more of an "official" trip instead of vacation). We're planning to go to Niagara Falls in June as DH has a meeting there but DS might have a lacrosse tournament so we're not sure how that will work out.

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Yes, I took my kids to Florida. They got to have there first airplane ride.

We stayed home for Spring Break. We usually don't go anywhere for Spring Break.

We don't travel a lot, but try to do something at least once a year.

LGAll65215
by on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
When the kids were little, we spent a few days in Italy and it's a kid friendly country . They were amazed at all the sights : at Venice( birds in the square) , Rome and the coliseum, the food! Italy was my favorite place too .
They also loved Paris , the Eiffel Tower.

When they were older, in junior and senior high, they could use our pictures and their experience to do reports for some of their classes!
Then I think they loved Disneyworld in 1975 and a trip to Disneyland and the zoo in San Diego in 1979. I loved those days !

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Traveling is so great for kids. Quite an education. What has been your favorite place to visit?

Quoting LGAll65215: So many trips I have lost count. We always visited family out of state every summer , we went to Disneyland and Disneyworld , we were based in Germany twice and drove all over Europe . They were little troopers . � They loved all of the new places and sights and rarely fussed unless they were really tired . We started traveling when they were babies .

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I was just in Hilton Head last Friday. My DS was playing a soccer game there at the high school.   Beautiful town.

What types of things do you all do there when you visit?

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

My son is now grown with a family of his own (although I hope that someday, we'll take the trip to Ireland we've planned for 25 years!)  But yes, I took my son on trips when he was growing up.  My husband worked rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, etc. so I'd take my son on short trips around the area.  We live in NJ so we'd go for a few days to Mystic Seaport, CT and we'd take day trips to PA or upstate NY.  My brother had a home on Cape Cod so we'd go there often, either with the family, or on winter breaks, we'd go there in January when no one else wanted to go.  We enjoyed going to the snow covered beaches!  And twice, we went to Walt Disney World with my Mom.  He lives near Hilton Head, SC now, so my vacations nowadays consist of going to stay with him & his lovely family, including my 2 sweet grandkids.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Where are you stationed now?

Quoting Laugh_Love: All the time. Every time we PcS, trips to visit home. Dollywood, Disney world, Disney Land, silver dollar city,

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:51 PM

How lucky for your.  How many countries has your kidlet been to so far?

Quoting Lolabearlow: The 7 year old kidlet has been more places than most adults, it kinda happens when mamas a travel agent, lol. We do t do much for spring break because it's my busy season. We generally travel at the end of summer or fall.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM

We love zoos and aquariums.  Favorite zoo?

Quoting Ricksmama: We have been snow tubing, aquariums, zoos,fairs,festivals, spring break we are visiting family in texas 6 hour road trip
Quoting Cafe Robin:

Where did you go?  Do you travel a lot?

What are you doing for spring break this year?

travel

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM
We've moved across country several times, does that count?
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2017 at 3:06 PM
My kids are world travellers. My youngest was 4 months old on her first plane trip in the US and 7 months when she took her first international trip. I've been lucky. Both kids travel very well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)