Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you tell anyone, beforehand, what you planned to name your baby?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

Did you tell anyone that you planned to name your baby? Or did you keep it a secret and they all found out after he/she was born.

If you told before did anyone criticize the name?

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imyourPuppy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM
With my DS, yes. With my DD, I did t know her name until after she was born, so no.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:52 AM

I have,no biggie.

Quoting february_queen:

Did you tell anyone that you planned to name your baby? Or did you keep it a secret and they all found out after he/she was born.

If you told before did anyone criticize the name?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Yes and everyone liked the name I chose.
Gigi92
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:02 AM

No, we've never shared names before the baby was born. 

PaddyWhack
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Yes and because so many of the same first name were born in the same month, I changed the spelling of mine and was criticized a lot for it but you know what, it suits her to a T. I couldn't imagine it any other way now.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM

I didn't tell anyone until baby was born. Not that I owned the name, but I made the mistake of telling my ex sister in law, what name I would use, if I had a daughter and she used the name. I have never hear any criticism regarding my daughter's name. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:48 AM

Yes we told some people before hand. A few people though my middle daughter name was a little weird, but we liked it

luckyinlife
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM
We didn't last time because we were team green. We won't this time because we are debating two names and will pick after he is born. I don't want other peoples opinions on the name.
specialneedsx4
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:14 PM

With Liam, we told people, no criticism. With Conor, we waited to avoid criticism that we thought we would get about the spelling. With Braden, we didn't know his name until we was about a day old. We were stuck between Braden and Riordan and than once we decided on Braden we were debating on the spelling. No one knew the names we were debating. With Kean, we told people before and got a ton of criticism. 

Tigress22304
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:52 PM

I told my BFF since i was naming DD after her-she gave me hell because she HATES her name lol

and some gave me hell because her first and last name rhyme/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)