Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could my due date be wrong??

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has ever had their due date wrong? I'm measuring 38 weeks but doc says I'm only 32. According to my last period I should be 36 weeks. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofjb03
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely!! I knew the exact day I conceived, and i counted the weeks and was due on my mom's birthday,Feb.27. The OB had me the first week of March, can't remember exact date. Anyway I always tell my dd she was a week late. Go with your gut.
Hje82
by New Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:32 AM
I feel I'm much further along. This isn't my first child so I kind of know what to expect but doc.got a little agitated with me when I questioned the difference in due date and what I'm measuring.

Quoting momofjb03: Absolutely!! I knew the exact day I conceived, and i counted the weeks and was due on my mom's birthday,Feb.27. The OB had me the first week of March, can't remember exact date. Anyway I always tell my dd she was a week late. Go with your gut.
momofjb03
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Your baby will be out when he/she is ready...

Quoting Hje82: I feel I'm much further along. This isn't my first child so I kind of know what to expect but doc.got a little agitated with me when I questioned the difference in due date and what I'm measuring.

Quoting momofjb03: Absolutely!! I knew the exact day I conceived, and i counted the weeks and was due on my mom's birthday,Feb.27. The OB had me the first week of March, can't remember exact date. Anyway I always tell my dd she was a week late. Go with your gut.
Howardx5
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:38 AM
If you're talking about when they measure your belly (on the outside) then yes. I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead. There's no way I'm that far along. Also ultrasounds measurements are off some too. But unless you know the exact moment you conceived (not too common) go with what your doctor says. Most likely he's basing your EDD on what he sees and how your baby is developed up to this point.
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I think mine was off. He wouldn't deviate from when I first told him my last menstrual cycle was. I realized it was just spotting and only lasted 2 days. When I told him he blew it off. Every ultrasound measured 4 weeks ahead and my water broke at 35 weeks. He was 6lbs 9ozs and fully developed, no issues. I know it was actually 39 weeks.
Hje82
by New Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That's kind of how I feel things may go.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: I think mine was off. He wouldn't deviate from when I first told him my last menstrual cycle was. I realized it was just spotting and only lasted 2 days. When I told him he blew it off. Every ultrasound measured 4 weeks ahead and my water broke at 35 weeks. He was 6lbs 9ozs and fully developed, no issues. I know it was actually 39 weeks.
BeautifulMomof1
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM

it depends on how accurate your dates are . . with my youngest, my original due date was 12/20, but he was born weighing 10+ lbs on 11/3 . . I wasn't sure about the date of my last period though . . but it's possible . .

BeautifulMomof1
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

. . or the dates could be right and you're carrying a big baby . . just depends . . ?

ComeWhatWill
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:25 AM
How is your doctor measuring your due date? Based on an ultrasound? Or the size of your belly?
Hje82
by New Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:02 AM
I had my first ultrasound at 16 weeks. That ultrasound changed my due date by 4 weeks.

Quoting ComeWhatWill: How is your doctor measuring your due date? Based on an ultrasound? Or the size of your belly?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)