Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will your kids be doing this summer?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
  • 44 Replies

Camp, working, day care, hanging out at home, what?

by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyenbaby
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:05 PM
He will go to work with me (at a day care) once day a week, or on water play day, trips to the playground or fun days.

If he's not at his dads he will be in the yard with my mom in the pool while I'm at work.

We have a trip to the shore planned for July.

Other than that, just some day trips and hanging out.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Nice that your mom has a pool he can play in. How long will you be at the shore?

Quoting skyenbaby: He will go to work with me (at a day care) once day a week, or on water play day, trips to the playground or fun days. If he's not at his dads he will be in the yard with my mom in the pool while I'm at work. We have a trip to the shore planned for July. Other than that, just some day trips and hanging out.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:16 PM

My older two will be working (at least I'm hoping DD will be, she will be job searching soon). My 16 year old should have a job, but since he doesn't drive it's not likely that he will have one, so I'll have him volunteer at my work a few days a month. Otherwise he'll be home taking care of the dogs, doing chores and spending time at the community pool.

skyenbaby
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:17 PM
It is nice. And she's only a few blocks away from us which makes it even nicer. We're going to be gone about a week. His dad also has a camping trip scheduled around Father's Day so he will be gone around 5 days then.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Nice that your mom has a pool he can play in. How long will you be at the shore?

Quoting skyenbaby: He will go to work with me (at a day care) once day a week, or on water play day, trips to the playground or fun days.

If he's not at his dads he will be in the yard with my mom in the pool while I'm at work.

We have a trip to the shore planned for July.

Other than that, just some day trips and hanging out.

Anonymousmama3
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:17 PM
They are all signed up for camps dd is signed up for cheer my son is having surgery the first day of summer vacation so he will be out for commission for 2 weeks...we have camping planned and theme parks..
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:32 PM

Sounds like he'll have a fun summer! How old is your son?

Quoting skyenbaby: It is nice. And she's only a few blocks away from us which makes it even nicer. We're going to be gone about a week. His dad also has a camping trip scheduled around Father's Day so he will be gone around 5 days then.
Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting skyenbaby: He will go to work with me (at a day care) once day a week, or on water play day, trips to the playground or fun days. If he's not at his dads he will be in the yard with my mom in the pool while I'm at work. We have a trip to the shore planned for July. Other than that, just some day trips and hanging out.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:32 PM

What is his surgery for?

Quoting Anonymousmama3: They are all signed up for camps dd is signed up for cheer my son is having surgery the first day of summer vacation so he will be out for commission for 2 weeks...we have camping planned and theme parks..

browncoat
by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:38 PM

The toddler will be in daycare except for the times that we are on vacation.

My older son (almost 13) will be spending 2 weeks at an out-of-state sleep away camp doing outdoorsy stuff and hiking the AT. Then we'll spend a week at a beach house with my family after that. Then he has 3 weeks worth of day camps when we got home (doing things like fencing, glass art, fantasty games similar to D&D, rocking climbing, etc). And he'll have 2 or 3 weeks of nothing special, mostly he'll play with his friends in the neighborhood and on his computer.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Wow! Can I hang with your 13 year old? It sounds like he's going to have a great summer!

Quoting browncoat:

The toddler will be in daycare except for the times that we are on vacation.

My older son (almost 13) will be spending 2 weeks at an out-of-state sleep away camp doing outdoorsy stuff and hiking the AT. Then we'll spend a week at a beach house with my family after that. Then he has 3 weeks worth of day camps when we got home (doing things like fencing, glass art, fantasty games similar to D&D, rocking climbing, etc). And he'll have 2 or 3 weeks of nothing special, mostly he'll play with his friends in the neighborhood and on his computer.

Anonymousmama3
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:49 PM
He is having surgery on his nose to remove the turbinate bone to open the airways in his nose

Quoting amonkeymom:

What is his surgery for?

Quoting Anonymousmama3: They are all signed up for camps dd is signed up for cheer my son is having surgery the first day of summer vacation so he will be out for commission for 2 weeks...we have camping planned and theme parks..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)