Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Making Friends at CafeMom

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 4:59 PM
  • 230 Replies

It’s easy to make friends at CafeMom!

There are lots of Moms here at The Newcomers Club who would like to make friends, so, don’t be shy…send out some invites!Smile

To send a Friend Invitation to someone
, click on their screenname to go to their page.  On their profile page, next to their picture, click on "Invite as Friend" - once the other Mom accepts your invtation, you will be friends! 

Reach Out…

*Start by saying “hi” to some of the other Moms that are introducing themselves here.  You can also feel free to say hi and welcome the new Moms as they join...leave a note in their chatterbox or send a message. 

*Send ‘friend invitations’ to Moms who seem nice and friendly or who seem similar to yourself…whether it be location, age, # of children, interests, or challenges.

From The CafeMom Getting Started Guide:

Friends - As you explore CafeMom, you will want to invite some other moms to be your "friends." You may also receive friend invitations. Once an invite is accepted, that person will be added to your friends list and you'll be on theirs. You may then choose to share some of your profile information, photos, and journal posts with your friends only (this is good to use when you do not want everyone to see something that you put on CafeMom). Activities that your friends do on CafeMom will appear in your Recent Activity box.
by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mimi67
by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Hi! I am a newbie CafeMom! I am eager to make some new friends.   Still working on my page!  Hope to hear from you soon!!  Take care!  Mimi

MKW1969
by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Seems like a nice way to meet people/  
my2babes0104
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM
Hi! I'm Heather and I'm also new. I am looking forward to meeting some other moms to discuss the ins-and-outs of motherhood!
Madeline
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 3:27 PM
Hi! Madeline here from Connecticut, enjoying our SECOND snow day of the season!!! (not typical)! Anyway, I have a 14 month old daughter named Ava Francisca. Ive only been here a few days and have enjoyed the site a lot. Love talking to other Moms! Im here if you wanna talk!
CarrieF
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Quoting mimi67:

Hi! I am a newbie CafeMom! I am eager to make some new friends.   Still working on my page!  Hope to hear from you soon!!  Take care!  Mimi

HI Iam new here .Me and my husband are rasing our almost 4 yearold son with  mordiert autisum and need a out let so days are very trying on our nervs
starmom4976
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I AM NEW HERE, IVE ONLY BEEN ON HERE FOR A WEEK, I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE!!!!!
crzy5mom
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 10:54 AM
HI! Im Sherry, and new to Cafemom. Would like to meet and make friends.
luvmybyz
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Hi am Stephany.  I am new to Cafemom and would love to meet new people.  Drop me hello sometime!!!
Critter-73
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:57 PM
Hi! My name is Christie and I live in WA. I have a 2 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, and 12 yr old girl. I would love to get to know some women with children around the same age as mine. Send my a message or an invite and we can help each other through the daily grind. Smile
DominiksMomma
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Hi, I'm new here as well. I am a SAHM of a 12 months old boy Dominik and expecting #2 in July.
I just found this site yesterday and am still finding my way around. Looks like alot of fun!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN