Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guacamole?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you like it? Do you make it yourself? I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago at a restaurant and I am not a fan. People rave about it but I guess it's an acquired taste. 

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and homemade is so good.
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:35 PM

I do like it and I make it very plain at home. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I like it but only within the past year. Never made itself but hear it's easy. The market near me makes it drag everyday and it's really good. My kids like it too, DH is on the fence.
Noneya73
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I love it.
I make my own or buy Wholly guacamole.
GAPeach83
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM

What do you use?

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh when I say plain I mean plain, lol.  I don't use anything really but a little salt and maybe a little garlic powder.  I almost forgot lime juice.
I think I'll at least throw some chopped up onions in it next time.  I don't use tomatoes in it at all.  

Quoting GAPeach83:

What do you use?

Quoting taKENheart:

sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 5, 2017 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this
So when I make it I use 3 ripe avacado. One onion, one tomato, two jalapeños, cilantro, 2 limes, salt and pepper to taste.

Dice onion put in bowl. Squeeze 1 lime over the onion, stir it up and let it sit while you dice tomatoes and jalapeños.

Cut avacado in half, take out pit, scoop out fruit. Put in bowl and mash up. Add tomatoes, onuons, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Cut up fresh cilantro and add to mixture. Stir well and enjoy. I usually add more fresh lime juice as I'm mixing it up.
GAPeach83
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds tasty but since I'm not a fan of avocado's, I'll probably never like guac. LOL! I do love a good salsa though...with a little spice.

Quoting sam12796: So when I make it I use 3 ripe avacado. One onion, one tomato, two jalapeños, cilantro, 2 limes, salt and pepper to taste. Dice onion put in bowl. Squeeze 1 lime over the onion, stir it up and let it sit while you dice tomatoes and jalapeños. Cut avacado in half, take out pit, scoop out fruit. Put in bowl and mash up. Add tomatoes, onuons, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Cut up fresh cilantro and add to mixture. Stir well and enjoy. I usually add more fresh lime juice as I'm mixing it up.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 5, 2017 at 1:54 PM

You might never but it's still great that you tried. I didn't like it until I was in my 30's.
What about smashing up some avocado and mixing in a bit of your favorite salsa?

Quoting GAPeach83:

Sounds tasty but since I'm not a fan of avocado's, I'll probably never like guac. LOL! I do love a good salsa though...with a little spice.

Quoting sam12796: So when I make it I use 3 ripe avacado. One onion, one tomato, two jalapeños, cilantro, 2 limes, salt and pepper to taste. Dice onion put in bowl. Squeeze 1 lime over the onion, stir it up and let it sit while you dice tomatoes and jalapeños. Cut avacado in half, take out pit, scoop out fruit. Put in bowl and mash up. Add tomatoes, onuons, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Cut up fresh cilantro and add to mixture. Stir well and enjoy. I usually add more fresh lime juice as I'm mixing it up.

HazelEyedMommy_
by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No,I am not a fan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)