Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i tell him

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
My husband was confronted about hiding vodka bottles hidden on 2 seperate occasions. He really didbt feel he needed help he said he can curve his drinking. After few months i am cleaning and vacuum near our bed and under bed in his sneaker is an empty vodka bottle. Question is do i tell him i know.. my friend said he is only going to change his spots like he did this time. First was kitchen cabinet.
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TowerWife
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM
I would say something, but I have a very hard time not speaking what's on my mind or what's bugging me
cosmical
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh's aunt does that, she's an alcoholic. She never gets better, never changes, nothing ever improves. She drinks in excess, she will always drink in excess. Even when it looks like she's getting better or changing it only means that she has found a new place to hide the bottles, your dh will do the same. Talking isn't going to help, this is going to be something you deal with for the rest of your life. You can sign up for al-anon classes and they'll teach you how to smile and keep going day after day.....but ultimately this is a deal with it forever or leave situation. He isn't going to stop. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Your friend is right.
Start going to Al anon meetings.
Sage2876
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Sad but your probably right. I will def speak with Al anon because its really putting a toll on me. The fact that I know where the new spot is and he doesnt even know i found it is frustrating. Like you said once you think its better its not. Thanks

Quoting cosmical:

My dh's aunt does that, she's an alcoholic. She never gets better, never changes, nothing ever improves. She drinks in excess, she will always drink in excess. Even when it looks like she's getting better or changing it only means that she has found a new place to hide the bottles, your dh will do the same. Talking isn't going to help, this is going to be something you deal with for the rest of your life. You can sign up for al-anon classes and they'll teach you how to smile and keep going day after day.....but ultimately this is a deal with it forever or leave situation. He isn't going to stop. 

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Al-anon for you. It will help you decide what to do and how to handle the situation. ((hugs))

cosmical
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:56 PM

It's extremely passive aggressive but I'd be tempted to leave stick-it notes on every bottle you find. Just a little note to let him know that you know. 

Quoting Sage2876: Sad but your probably right. I will def speak with Al anon because its really putting a toll on me. The fact that I know where the new spot is and he doesnt even know i found it is frustrating. Like you said once you think its better its not. Thanks
Quoting cosmical:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)