Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know most will say leave but....

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
So he's cheating been cheating our hole relationship caught him three times I just finally gave up trying to find out why idk why he is still around I know it's easy to say leave it's not love bla bla bla how do I confront him this time ? Is there any hope he will stop ? Idk has any one stayed and hes stopped?
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlitterInTheAir
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:17 PM
He's never going to stop. So you have two choices - suck it up and deal with it or leave
rainiebelle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
He will not stop. He knows that even if he get fought you will stay so why not have his cake and eat it too. You have some choices you can leave because you deserve better. If you stay you can decide to have an open relationship so that he doesn't have to hide it and you will know or continue to be in the dark and hurt every time you find out.
I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:57 PM
If you think you deserve better you will leave.
momama88
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

youve caught him 3 times and are still there.. he got away with it, why would he stop. 

cdodson2642
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:36 PM

There is a saying that was taught me in my time of need. I would like to share it with you...

"When I get sick in tired of being sick in tired than I will do something about it!"

scorpiodragon
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:59 AM
2 moms liked this

The best thing that you can do is to leave.   It's unlikely that he will ever stop and he obviously doesn't value you, your relationship or any children you have together to be doing this.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with scorpiodragon, he doesn't value you or the children. Time to leave and make a new and better life for yourself and children.

SummerDreaming
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Until you figure out that you deserve someone better you will stay. Someone like that will not change.
Amb1513
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:52 PM

I'm a firm believer that we teach people how to treat us by what we allow...do not allow yourself to be cheated on! No one deserves that!

Ahnya
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My SO isn't very good at monogamy. He hasn't been with anyone else in almost a year. But I have made the choice to stay even though I know he will most likely continue to have sex with other women off and for the rest of our life together. He knows I know. He also knows that I would never believe him if he tried to tell me it will never happen again. I have just asked that he be open and he never lie to me about it.

He is a wonderful father, my very best friend, we rarely argue, have a great sex life, he works hard to help support our familyfive sometimes six days a week 12 hour shifts, loves my older kids like they are his own, he loves and cherishes me and treats me like a goddess.

He is not an alcoholic, doesn't gamble, he is not physically abusive and in every other way he is not emotionally or mentally abusive. His one big flaw is that he cheats occasionally. That is the worst thing about his personality and the only real complaint I can make about him.

For me personally being a fairly open person sexually it is something that I can live with. Having an open sexual relationship is something I am okay with. Having a hidden one that I could possibly be blindsided by I am not okay with. He understands this and is coming to terms with the fact that if he is going to do it I need to know with whom and if the right person catches my fancy I will let him know that also.

So I say to each there own. It is your personal relationship do what you feel comfortable with and keeps both of you happy. My SO's sexual escapades do not make me feel less loved or disrespected because we are open and honest with each other. If you feel that you need a monogamous relationship to feel secure and loved (which about 50% or more of people do) then you should try couples counseling and see if he is willing to change his behaviors. If he is not and it is hurtful to you than you should part ways.

Just my personal experience and opinions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)