Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy and vulnerable to..other realms????

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hello everyone. I am new here due to some unanswered questions that i have. Here goes my first post. Please remain honest. Believe me when i tell you that i can accept and handle criticism as i understand that it can be much needed.
I am just over 1mo pregnant. I am also working on month 3 of being drug/addiction free after around 10yrs of addiction- thank you God. Often, i feel like i am just losing my mind, but i know also that i am one of logic, common sense, and i am very reasonable of a person. My logic cannot grasp the newfound experiences have been having. Things have gradually become more "known"- more straight and obvious. I am almost afraid to be alone, but i also put major effort in putting my faith and trust solely in God. Yet- it is still scary. Over the past few weeks i have experienced having a whisper of my name in my ear. I just lay on my couch and shut my eyes as if it did not happen. Tonight, my focus was on washing my dishes when out of nowhere came a super bright flash and zip of a light out of the kitchen window that is just above the sink- in front of me. Nothing and nobody outside as i naturally investigated this! Note, where my apartment sits is on the second floor and away from street view. It logically could not have been a vehicle. I sat down on my couch and out of nowhere i get this awful feeling of "i am not alone". I do not feel alone, rather i feel like someone is just over my shoulder. Because these experiences are very new to me i am not sure if i ought to be afraid or if i should follow my fear and just leave. For years i have struggled with anxiety, sleep paralysis, and anxiety attacks. Only a few brief instances over my 27 years of life i have experienced supernatural occasions. However, nothing like this- ever. I have been having the utmost vivid dreams unlike anything i have ever had in the past. My anxiety is through the roof and i just want to sleep. Although i get at least 8 to 12 hours of sleep anyway, it is as if these dreams just drain me more. These dreams are just so real that i have to question myself my sanity of whether it has occurred or not. I feel alone. I am afraid to spill these experiences to anyone because i know i will just hear that i need to get a hold of myself, i will just be questioned whether i can handle my kids or not, and my overall sanity will be questioned. I know i will hear it is normal in sobriety and on top of being pregnant. But i know i am very aware of what is and what is not. These experiences often happen only when i am alone. Maybe this is what makes it seem more frightening. I hear a lot of people consider such things as a gift. If this is a gift in which i must learn to cope with and control, i have no idea. Any suggestions? Anyone else going through this?
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SummerDreaming
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh. This is to much crazy for me.
Tfbutt89
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:49 AM
Lol geesh Thnx
Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:37 AM
It sounds like you may have a mental illness. In many cases, vivid dreams, feeling like you can't get good rest, and believing you have supernatural gifts are common. You need to speak to a psychiatrist.
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to cafemom

Vivid pregnancy dreams are very common.

The other things you are describing seem like mental health issues, honestly.  

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You could be having dreams, flashbacks, or maybe God is watching over you. Letting you know he's there.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Be sure to talk with your OB about this.

My thought is that it could be a result of your detox.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I've never experienced anything like you've described. It would definitely be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it.

Iswhatitis44
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol keep this up and you're going to get eaten alive in this group lol.

What was your drug of choice? I used to have a drug problem..

I believe they could be related.
Tfbutt89
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 12:01 AM
You are not lying lol😂😂 woohh i am a recovering heroin addict.

Quoting Iswhatitis44: Lol keep this up and you're going to get eaten alive in this group lol.

What was your drug of choice? I used to have a drug problem..

I believe they could be related.
jessiezak88
by Member on Jul. 3, 2017 at 4:40 AM
Honestly it could be from being drug free and your body going through detox and the hormones of pregnancy at the same time. But at the same time I can honestly say I experience way more supernatural crap when I'm pregnant than when I'm not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)