Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wrong due date?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:21 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone else ever have an issue where they know the doctors are wrong on the due date? According to my doctor I'm only 35 weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm farther along than that. There was no real way to determine the start of my last period because I bled off and an for the entire month of September so they just made a guess. I've been trying to get them to run another ultrasound and they won't do it and I'm sure I've been in labor for the past 3 days. But what do I know. It's only my body right?
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:45 AM
The doctors have been wrong by at least a week on all my kids. I know when I had unprotected sex, I know when I ovulate and I know when I'm due but they never listen. 4 of my kids have come with in a couple days of when I said I was due and we will see about this baby soon. Oldest son they said 1/13, I said 12/27, he came 12/23. Second son they said 1/10, I said 12/27, he came 12/27. Third son they said 12/13, I said 11/27, he came 11/30. My daughter they said 10/15, I said 10/7 and she came on 10/7. All on their own, no forcing them or using drugs. This baby they say is due 8/1 and I say 7/26 so we will see.
Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:41 AM
That doesn't mean they were wrong on your actual due date. Babies can come 2 weeks earlier or later (or even earlier than 38 weeks). They actually rarely come on their due dates.

Quoting nanasue31204: The doctors have been wrong by at least a week on all my kids. I know when I had unprotected sex, I know when I ovulate and I know when I'm due but they never listen. 4 of my kids have come with in a couple days of when I said I was due and we will see about this baby soon. Oldest son they said 1/13, I said 12/27, he came 12/23. Second son they said 1/10, I said 12/27, he came 12/27. Third son they said 12/13, I said 11/27, he came 11/30. My daughter they said 10/15, I said 10/7 and she came on 10/7. All on their own, no forcing them or using drugs. This baby they say is due 8/1 and I say 7/26 so we will see.
Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:42 AM
An ultrasound now will not be accurate. After the first trimester estimates by ultrasound aren't reliable. How did they determine your actual due date and when was your first ultrasound?
jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:52 AM
They determined it going off a 28 day cycle and pinpointed it at October 14th (which wasn't right either because I finally stopped bleeding around the 5th of October). When my period never came in November I didn't think anything of it since I had bled so much in September. It's just something my body does sometimes when I'm on birth control. The first ultrasound was done by a pregnancy Clinic the day I got a positive pregnancy test and they said June 30th. The ON office however, changed it going off their cycle calculator wheel as being July 21st.

Quoting Queen_Coffee: An ultrasound now will not be accurate. After the first trimester estimates by ultrasound aren't reliable. How did they determine your actual due date and when was your first ultrasound?
jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:59 AM
yeah if I thought it was only a 2 week difference I wouldn't be worried. Both of my of my other two kids were born exactly 11 days before their due dates. But I'm thinking this baby is going to be here by the end of the week and I'm getting tired of people telling me he needs to stay in there because it's too early. Ive been saying all along I thought i was at least two weeks farther along than what the OB office was saying.

Quoting Queen_Coffee: That doesn't mean they were wrong on your actual due date. Babies can come 2 weeks earlier or later (or even earlier than 38 weeks). They actually rarely come on their due dates.

Quoting nanasue31204: The doctors have been wrong by at least a week on all my kids. I know when I had unprotected sex, I know when I ovulate and I know when I'm due but they never listen. 4 of my kids have come with in a couple days of when I said I was due and we will see about this baby soon. Oldest son they said 1/13, I said 12/27, he came 12/23. Second son they said 1/10, I said 12/27, he came 12/27. Third son they said 12/13, I said 11/27, he came 11/30. My daughter they said 10/15, I said 10/7 and she came on 10/7. All on their own, no forcing them or using drugs. This baby they say is due 8/1 and I say 7/26 so we will see.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM

My doctors were kind of like that. I knew when my due date was, but they said I was only so many weeks along, which moved the due date two weeks later. They were going by measurements of the baby.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Well are you having Braxton Hicks then?
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:43 AM

It is simply a number and at this point really won't matter anyways.  They always say they can be up to two weeks wrong in either direction anyways. 

jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
If they're Braxton hicks they're the worst ones I have ever had.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Well are you having Braxton Hicks then?
jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:16 AM
It's not two weeks off. It's about a month off. I keep telling DH (He's been freaking out, thinking we wont be able to bring him home) that I'm pretty sure so long as he is over a certain weight we should be good.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

It is simply a number and at this point really won't matter anyways.  They always say they can be up to two weeks wrong in either direction anyways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)