Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need more mom friends

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM
  • 33 Replies
Hello ladies!!! I just received moved down south with my bf and feel so alone... he doesn't get it and when I try to talk to about it, he takes it personal. I have no friends down here that are mom's. The ones I do aren't mom's and totally don't understand a mom's world! Just want some mamas to talk to who get it!! Thanks
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Welcome to the group!!
How old are your children?
MichaelaR
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:18 PM
I have one son and he just turned 4 this month. How about you?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM
Join some playgroups in your area. We usually end up making friends with parents of our children's friends.
My son is almost 15.

Quoting MichaelaR: I have one son and he just turned 4 this month. How about you?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your kids?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting MichaelaR: Hello ladies!!! I just received moved down south with my bf and feel so alone... he doesn't get it and when I try to talk to about it, he takes it personal. I have no friends down here that are mom's. The ones I do aren't mom's and totally don't understand a mom's world! Just want some mamas to talk to who get it!! Thanks

MichaelaR
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM
The hard part is the ones I found are when I am working! So it's hard to meet up or join them!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM
When my son was younger I was in one for Moms who worked. Only 3 of us and it was always hard to get together. So I started taking my son to parks. He always found someone to play with and I always found someone to chat with.

Quoting MichaelaR: The hard part is the ones I found are when I am working! So it's hard to meet up or join them!
MichaelaR
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:38 PM
That's a great idea!! Need to start doing that!!
MichaelaR
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Thanks!! 😊 My son just turned 4!! How about you?

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,How old are your kids?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting MichaelaR: Hello ladies!!! I just received moved down south with my bf and feel so alone... he doesn't get it and when I try to talk to about it, he takes it personal. I have no friends down here that are mom's. The ones I do aren't mom's and totally don't understand a mom's world! Just want some mamas to talk to who get it!! Thanks

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:43 PM

My *kids* are adults . .have you tried going to the local park/pool to meet other moms?

Quoting MichaelaR: Thanks!! 😊 My son just turned 4!! How about you?
Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,How old are your kids?  Nice to meet you :)

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:53 PM

Hello! This is a good place to talk with other moms. :)

For local moms, playgrounds, library story hours, classes at the Y or local college- Mommy and Me, for example, or classes that include child care such as some exercise classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)