Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello all, recently pregnant at age 45 and with bad neck and back issues prior due to car accidents. Any advice?
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you talk to your doctor about this?
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Hello! Welcome!

I am thinking physical therapy could help. A good physical therapist could show you how to deal with pregnancy changes as well as lifting a baby.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Welcome!

What does your doctor say about your pain? Have you seen a chiropractor who can help pregnant women with these issues?

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM

How far along are you?  How are you feeling?

Hopefully your doctor will be able to monitor you so you have the best pregnancy possible.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Take it easy! Talk to your Dr about massage or physical therapy. Maybe stretch therapy would help too!

lovingladyo4
by Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 10:40 PM

My first suggestion is to inform your doctor if you haven't already, to get some suggestions how to aleviate the pain without drugs. If you are not happy with the advice, call a yoga instructor and ask to learn some yoga moves that will stretch those muscles and allow blood flow through that area. I personally don't do yoga, but I know enough people who have and they say the stretching moves are designed to re-align your muscles to get a better blood flow to allthe organs. 

Research online also. Go to YouTube and watch videos. Maybe you can begin a series of easy and gentle exercises to help.

Moon.Maiden
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Uhh. Talk to your doctor.
wandep
by on Jul. 18, 2017 at 11:09 AM
I'd look into this. 😀

Quoting LancesMom:

Take it easy! Talk to your Dr about massage or physical therapy. Maybe stretch therapy would help too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)