Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chores

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM
  • 18 Replies
My 10 year old has three chores (empty the dishwasher, take out recycling, and clean the kitty litter) that he is expected to do daily, yet he fights me almost every day. Am I really asking too much?
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:57 PM
Not enough.

Dd 5 has more than that.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM
My 15, 10 and 5 year old all have more then that.
Sassypantsx2
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:00 PM
He used to have more, but I cut it down last year when he was bringing home 2-3 hours worth of homework every night. He still acts like I'm being mean and unreasonable. I'm tired of asking him every single day, and then having the same tantrum over it every single day.
wandep
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:09 PM

Do you give him an allowance?

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:27 PM

You are not asking too much. All of these are important and easy.

diane1968
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Not at all, they will always fight you for it, and later on they will love you. It's good to start them young , they will have more respect for you later.

Quoting Sassypantsx2: My 10 year old has three chores (empty the dishwasher, take out recycling, and clean the kitty litter) that he is expected to do daily, yet he fights me almost every day. Am I really asking too much?

Sassypantsx2
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
If he does what he needs to without argument, he gets $10/week plus he gets all the money when we drop off recycling. His arguing has saved me about $80 this summer!

Quoting wandep:

Do you give him an allowance?

Sassypantsx2
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM
It's SOOOO frustrating!

Quoting diane1968:

Not at all, they will always fight you for it, and later on they will love you. It's good to start them young , they will have more respect for you later.

Quoting Sassypantsx2: My 10 year old has three chores (empty the dishwasher, take out recycling, and clean the kitty litter) that he is expected to do daily, yet he fights me almost every day. Am I really asking too much?

diane1968
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM

Yes, , usually when my son would fight me with his mouth, I would give him a consequence of writing as to why he is fighting. I also said I'm the mom and you will listen . We all have chores. They will always fight at that age. I just let him know this is the way life is. Never said it was easy. Life isn't always going to be the way either of us wants it. These are life skills for them.

Quoting Sassypantsx2: It's SOOOO frustrating!
Quoting diane1968:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 9:16 AM

You are not asking too much at all.  My 9 year old has her room, the rec room (shared with her sister) and the recycling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)