Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

R.I.P microwave!!!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm extremely happy my microwave died this evening! I hated it haha. If you love your microwave please let me know what kind you have. Going shopping for one tomorrow! Thanks!
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
horcruxnumber8
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Lucky. I've had mine for almost 12 years and it won't die! It works perfect but it just won't fucking died.
Nuvox3683
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Well ill tell you what did and maybe you can try it haha 😉 I microwaved baked potatoes and then right after that corn on the cob. It was my first time trying corn on the cob in the microwave cause I always boil it. I just wanted an easier way to shuck it and watched a video on it. Just stick the whole thing in the microwave for 5 minutes cut one end and the cob slides right out. Well it works great but I guess potatoes and corn back to back was just too much for old faithful. I've had mine for about 6 years and have hated it since the first time I used it. Best of luck getting a new one lol.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:24 AM
We got an above the stove Whirlpool, we bought our house 11yrs ago brandnew,its our 2nd. 🤣😂

Quoting Nuvox3683: I'm extremely happy my microwave died this evening! I hated it haha. If you love your microwave please let me know what kind you have. Going shopping for one tomorrow! Thanks!
wandep
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM

I hate mine. It's above the stove and it is huge. I can hardly reach it. :(

Nuvox3683
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 9:54 AM
I need a counter top one so the kids can reach it.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a Kenmore, and no complaints other than that the number "1" on the keypad, which seems to be the most used number, has degraded- the plastic coating is messed up. But the keypad is still usuable, just not pretty.

Anna_banana68
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:48 PM
My daughter put something metal in ours one year and blew it.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Lucky. I've had mine for almost 12 years and it won't die! It works perfect but it just won't fucking died.
soymujer
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Our microwaved died last summer.  I had used it and then my cousin was going to cook something and it said nope!  We didn't have the money to replace it right away so I went to the school and grabbed the one from my classroom to use until we could afford one!

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 9:16 PM

My old one just gradually expired. It took longer and longer to cook things.

sassymommy811
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2017 at 4:28 PM

LOL have fun shopping for a new one :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)