Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on this?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hello my name is Kaitlyn, I was a member awhile back when I was pregnant with my son. Me and my husband are trying for our second baby. Our son is 3 now and we think its time and wanna try and are trying. My first day of my period was July 17th. I ovulated July 31st. I had sex every day before my ovulation day. My boobs are very sore and tender, Im very tired, I pee every 5 to 10 minutes, I have nausea here and there and some cramps as well. I have takin 2 tests but both came back negative. My next expected period isnt till August 14th. Could the tests have been takin too early to detect?
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nuvox3683
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Make a dr appointment and find out for sure
wandep
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, and welcome to the group. :) Not sure about the test..that has been so long ago for me. lol I'd wait a week or so before testing again.

Quoting kaitlyncarter12: Hello my name is Kaitlyn, I was a member awhile back when I was pregnant with my son. Me and my husband are trying for our second baby. Our son is 3 now and we think its time and wanna try and are trying. My first day of my period was July 17th. I ovulated July 31st. I had sex every day before my ovulation day. My boobs are very sore and tender, Im very tired, I pee every 5 to 10 minutes, I have nausea here and there and some cramps as well. I have takin 2 tests but both came back negative. My next expected period isnt till August 14th. Could the tests have been takin too early to detect?

kaitlyncarter12
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM
I have a dr appt tomorrow and I will see if they can do a blood test to see if that will pick up anything?
KitschyAF
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Take a cheap dollar store test, they are more sensitive, but you may have to wait a while to have enough HCG to be picked up on a urine test.

Easedropping
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Too soon for a pee test. Wait until you miss a period. You will drive yourself crazy testing so soon.
Kissx5
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would definitely say it is too early for a standard "pee on a stick" test at this point - you could certainly be pregnant, but likely wouldn't have enough HCG in your urine so early in the game.

I would wait to test again until the 14th; you should have enough HCG in your urine by that point to get a positive reading on virtually any store-bought test... or if you start your period that day, then you likely have your answer there too.
Kissx5
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wait until you get a positive home test before making an appointment with your doctor OP. Most usually won't see you until 8 weeks gestation anyway unless you are having issues, and they will just do a urine sample most likely if you do go in at this point.

Quoting Nuvox3683: Make a dr appointment and find out for sure
Kissx5
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't waste money on a blood test/doctor appointment yet OP. I know the wait is excruciating! But at this point you would be wasting time/money.

Quoting kaitlyncarter12: I have a dr appt tomorrow and I will see if they can do a blood test to see if that will pick up anything?
rainiebelle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
If you already have An appt no harm in asking. Otherwise it is to early for a pee test. Usually won't show up for 2-6 weeks. Also when you do take one take it with the first pee in the morning. That is the best results for a test.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe try testing again after a couple more days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)