Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What sports are your family involved in?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 8:47 AM
  • 102 Replies

Do/did your kids play any sports?  Do you play any sports now, or did you play any when you were a child?

If you don't play a sport, what sports do you enjoy watching?

If your kids don't or didn't play sports, what extracurricular activities are/were they involved in?

american football   playing tennis girl

by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Aug. 14, 2017 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

My DS is in high school and his current sports that he's involved in are soccer and cross country.  When he was younger he played a little baseball but he soon discovered that soccer was his love.

He just ran a cross country meet this past weekend.  He doesn't enjoy running but it makes him a better soccer player.

Serenity7
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Volleyball, Running

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Aug. 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Cheer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, auto racing.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 9:01 AM
My son plays lacrosse and football for his school and rec basketball. My DD plates travel soccer and basketball and is thinking of trying lacrosse next spring and/or playing soccer for her school. I keep telling her that timing probably work out for all of that so we'll see.
mama2b100808
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:25 AM

No she doesn't play any sports. She isn't involved in anything but art. 

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Tennis, soccer and softball-- in high school.
I've never really liked sports or wanted to participate in any sports but I loved watching my kids play.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM
I run as does Dh...boyh of the girls take Karate.
Lizziex3390
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:29 AM
My kid is too young right now but I'd like to get him in next year. I cheered for my brothers little league football team and I went to basketball camp during summers while I was in elementary school.

Ohh, I ran track once, fell flat on my face and that waa the end of that.
wandep
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM

My kids did karate for a while. My son got to be a jr black yellow belt...something like that. Daughter got to be a green belt. They got tired of it and we quit.

Last year daughter did gymnastics but we quit that due to being in middle school this year.

Now we're just doing music lessons at home. My son has played the piano for since he was 5 or 6 years old. He's 13 now.

Daughter plays violin and has been taking since she was 7 or 8...she's 11 now.

She also took dance when she was little.

When I was younger I was into dance and playing the piano.

wandep
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM

Great picture.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

My DS is in high school and his current sports that he's involved in are soccer and cross country.  When he was younger he played a little baseball but he soon discovered that soccer was his love.

He just ran a cross country meet this past weekend.  He doesn't enjoy running but it makes him a better soccer player.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)