Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What has your child done lately that made you smile? :)

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  • 38 Replies

toddler girl

toddler boy

by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

While ds and dh were out for lunch and a movie (one of our birthday presents for the kids) dd and I watched Big Brother and then had a water fight in the kitchen while I was trying to load the dishwasher.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:41 PM

:) A water fight? Who won? :)

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

While ds and dh were out for lunch and a movie (one of our birthday presents for the kids) dd and I watched Big Brother and then had a water fight in the kitchen while I was trying to load the dishwasher.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Me but only because my arms are still longer LOL   She still got some good shots in and we were both laughing hard, soaked, and the kitchen was covered in water but we had fun!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM

LOL!

A it sounds as though your floor got an extra mopping. LOL!

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Me but only because my arms are still longer LOL   She still got some good shots in and we were both laughing hard, soaked, and the kitchen was covered in water but we had fun!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I have a load of towels to do now but it was worth it! Dd and I don't get many chances to just be all out silly together anymore.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 8:47 PM

What a great memory. :)

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Yeah I have a load of towels to do now but it was worth it! Dd and I don't get many chances to just be all out silly together anymore.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Aug. 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

when my boys come up to me and give me a hug and tell me they love me  but my oldest doesnt really  as he is delay and adhd and odd   my little guy says it most of the time 

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:11 PM

This is so sweet. :)

Quoting ilovemyson2002:

when my boys come up to me and give me a hug and tell me they love me  but my oldest doesnt really  as he is delay and adhd and odd   my little guy says it most of the time 

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:03 PM
3 moms liked this

My oldest (15) has made me so super proud this last week but Sunday was a topper. He started his first "real" job last week. Sunday(a day he had off) he happened to be skateboarding around town and at one point right after the restaurant closed (it is a small locally owned breakfast/lunch place) he was near and saw some of his coworkers working outside. He stopped by to say hi and it turned out they were doing a "deep clean" and asked him if he wanted to help out. Of course he JUMPED on that! He did an awesome job and was rewarded for it. Plus he got a look at his schedule and he has been scheduled for 3 FULL days next week(full days are not often awarded to young teens until they "prove" themselves, one older teen even mentioned that he had to work there nearly a YEAR before he had any full day shifts!) I am so happy for him because I know even in that short time he has showed them his awesome work ethic! He has always possesed that ethic. When he first started volunteering at our local food bank(at age 11) he had one day that it was 19 degrees outside and he INSISTED on going even though it was an outside job. He said to me ...people still need food when it is cold.....that hit me so hard about what an awesome, compassionate kid he is. Ever since then he has had a number of little side jobs(in addition to nearly EVERY week for over 4 years at the food bank) and I see just how passionate he is about doing a job to its fullest!

Kind of a tanget but that is my awesome kid story for the week

Luke8212013
by Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My son has been giving nick names for everyone lately and it's hilarious! Right now his dad is a mastodon, I'm a mommy tiger and he's a baby tiger. The dogs name is pizza, his aunts are aunt hairball, tinga and aunt germ 😂😂 so funny!
And if anyone calls you by the correct name he corrects you, lol!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)