Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insomnia

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

Anybody have tips for insomnia (other than sleeping pills)? For the past 2 nights, I haven't gotten much sleep.  Sunday night I woke up at 1:00 am and stayed awake until it was time to get up for work (6 am!).  Last night I got in the bed at 9 pm thinking I could make up for the night prior...I was exhausted but could not fall asleep until midnight.  Then I woke up at 4 and could not go back to sleep.  Think sleepytime tea would help???

by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diane1968
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Is this all the time?

wandep
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry...I get that way sometimes too and try nature sounds app on my phone and it is free. It has a timer so shuts off by itself. It helps a good bit.

Quoting GAPeach83:

Anybody have tips for insomnia (other than sleeping pills)? For the past 2 nights, I haven't gotten much sleep.  Sunday night I woke up at 1:00 am and stayed awake until it was time to get up for work (6 am!).  Last night I got in the bed at 9 pm thinking I could make up for the night prior...I was exhausted but could not fall asleep until midnight.  Then I woke up at 4 and could not go back to sleep.  Think sleepytime tea would help???

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Have you tried herbal tea? Relaxation?

Quoting GAPeach83:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww sorry to hear this,
Yes maybe sleep tea will help.
Hope you sleep better tonight .. hugs to you :)

silverbuttons
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

No caffeine after 2 or so in the afternoon.  No alcoholic drinks after dinner.  No exercising later than 2 hours before bedtime.   Google foods that help you sleep for some interesting ideas.  GL

crowdsourcerer
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM

Is it possible your meds might be influencing this?

Do you drink caffeine after morning?

Do you  view any screens (phone, tv, ipad, computer) within an hour of bedtime?

Have you tried time released melatonin?

MyKids_RMyLife
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No I am sorry,I suffer from insomnia too,I never tried any sleep aids but I might invest in some unless I can find other ways to combat it,because most nights I am up for hours on end.

The-Wave
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You can try Melatonin, Valerian Tea or Pills, and Trader Joes now has a herbal pill also that they sell. There are sleepytime teas, chamomile and other teas that can also help if you do not like to take any herbal pills that I mentioned. 

Wynniebear
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Well if you find something that works let me know! I wish I could work nights cause when it hits 3pm everyday the light bulb comes on in my brain and I'm literally up ALL night long!
Wynniebear
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:53 PM
I've tried all of the above except Trader Joe's I may have to find that

Quoting The-Wave:

You can try Melatonin, Valerian Tea or Pills, and Trader Joes now has a herbal pill also that they sell. There are sleepytime teas, chamomile and other teas that can also help if you do not like to take any herbal pills that I mentioned. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)