Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you prefer giving gifts cards or a gift?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:45 PM
  • 91 Replies
Which do you prefer to receive?
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Gift cards
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM

gift cards are easy, but they don't take the careful thinking about the other person that is a benefit of giving a gift. And sometimes gc's get lost and forgotten, or they are for a place that the recipient doesn't really like, or has to pay money over what the card is for to get something.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM

I like to get GC's from places that I frequent. I use them up quickly.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

either, LOL

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:52 PM

good

Quoting hugss:

either, LOL

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL . .right . .whatever we get at this point ;)

Quoting Bmat:

good

Quoting hugss:

either, LOL

GlitterInTheAir
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM
I love to shop for people. I love to find the perfect thing for them to put a smile on their faces. For teenagers this tends to be cash - so that's okay. But kids, friends, adults... I put a lot of effort into their gifts.

Myself, I don't care if it cost you nothing, as long as you put through in it. My ex's aunt (we were together for almost 8 years) always bought me one of those stupid lotion gift sets from Walmart. It's not that i didn't appreciate the gesture, it was that she didn't even try. I'd rather have her spent that money on the kids.
NikoleW
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Gift cards because there is one for almost everything and everywhere ☺️. If I'm buying for a close friend or family member I usually will try to pick out a gift.
OctoberReign
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:31 PM
It depends on who it’s for, but most of the time I prefer to give gifts. I prefer to receive gift cards. Part of the present is that I get to go shopping lol. 🛍
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:44 PM
If I'm buying it depends on who it is for. I don't mind getting gift cards because I know I'm a pain in the butt to buy for and I really don't like getting gifts in the first place. The attention on me makes me uncomfortable. But I love to get things for other people!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)