Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aaahhh

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
I am at my wits end with my 3 teenaged step son and my SO not supporting my discipline course. He is be we home, I am left with 100% of partake plus I had a 6 and 9 year old. I work full time and I am exhausted and my SO keeps telling me to relax!! RELAX? WHAT IS THAT?
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof337
by Stephanie on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my sorry Hugs
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww hugs to you :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
What are they doing?
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:08 AM

You and your SO need to be on the same page. If you aren't, the step son won't behave, since he has no incentive.

Never make threats that you are unwilling or unable to carry out.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Welcome! How old are your stepsons?

BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Why are you even trying to discipline his kids? It doesn't even sound like you are married, so I get why they wouldn't listen to you. Their parents need to be stepping in and addressing their behavior.
Muffet60
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 5:24 PM

It's hard enough to discipline your own children, let alone teenage stepsons. Do your stepsons live with you and your SO full time? Is their BM in the picture?

All kids need boundaries and discipline, so I can understand why you're trying to provide that for them. Not only do they need it, but you do, too! Bedtime for the little ones and curfew times for the teens are golden so that you can have structure and sanity in your home, and you can get a bit of peace in the evenings, even if it's just 30 minutes. Has your SO ever disciplined his boys? Do you two have a completely different definition of "discipline?" 

Trinity855
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Their BM lives in Texas so they communicate only via phone once a week. My SO is very rarely home, he works a lot. They live with us full time. My two youngest go to their dad's on the weekends. We have charted chores and responsibilities posted on the wall. They have very set bedtimes and routines. Just yesterday, I found out one of them stole my brothers Beats headphones from his house. But none of them will fess up about who took them so they are all grounded-no electronics-until we know who did it. It's never ending.
momonthego2019
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I have 1 son and he is a handful, so I can only imagine how it is to have 3.  Below is a link to an article that discusses stepparenting.  I pray it will be a blessing to you.

http://bit.ly/2xozNzP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)