Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homecoming Fashion Question.

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter (16 years old) is going to Homecoming with her boyfriend in a few weeks. We are going shopping for a dress this weekend. This morning before she went to school she asked if she could get a gaterbelt with seemed stockings when we get her dress. I told her that I'd think about it, I've been thinking all day and can't make up my mind. Any advice?

by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM

I can see your dilemma. If she just wants to be ultra stylish, then maybe.

But I suspect that the garter belt would be shown to her partner... not a wise thing. I believe I'd rule that it was too suggestive and inviting. :(

Julieann1973
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:38 PM

I'm sure it's just for fashion, well mostly anyway. It's her first big formal thing and I know she wants feel extra girly.

Quoting Bmat:

But I suspect that the garter belt would be shown to her partner... not a wise thing. I believe I'd rule that it was too suggestive and inviting. :(

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM
How is a garter belt extra girly?

Quoting Julieann1973:

I'm sure it's just for fashion, well mostly anyway. It's her first big formal thing and I know she wants feel extra girly.

Quoting Bmat:

Easedropping
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:44 PM
At that age I would allow it because she needs to make hey own choices. We would talk about the why though.
Julieann1973
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That has come to mind also. I think that is what will happen.

Quoting Easedropping: At that age I would allow it because she needs to make hey own choices. We would talk about the why though.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:45 PM

Just remember that hormones are rampant at that age. :)

Quoting Julieann1973:

That has come to mind also. I think that is what will happen.

Quoting Easedropping: At that age I would allow it because she needs to make hey own choices. We would talk about the why though.

Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Yikes. While I was a little bit older then that when the hormones got the best of me (but only by like a year) I know why I dressed like that. I would just be very cautious. You know your own daughter better then me but I also know that I was able to sneak alot by my parents by making it seem very innocent when it wasn't.
Julieann1973
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 5:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I decided not to go with the garterbelt. The dress she picked out was short and I just didn't like the idea of people might being able to see it. OK, it's not that short (about mid-thigh), but still I didn't like the idea. We did go with seemed hose and she is happy with that.

wandep
by on Oct. 1, 2017 at 9:39 AM
Sounds like a good decision.

Quoting Julieann1973:

I decided not to go with the garterbelt. The dress she picked out was short and I just didn't like the idea of people might being able to see it. OK, it's not that short (about mid-thigh), but still I didn't like the idea. We did go with seemed hose and she is happy with that.

wandep
by on Oct. 1, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Oh and welcome to the group.

Quoting Julieann1973:

My daughter (16 years old) is going to Homecoming with her boyfriend in a few weeks. We are going shopping for a dress this weekend. This morning before she went to school she asked if she could get a gaterbelt with seemed stockings when we get her dress. I told her that I'd think about it, I've been thinking all day and can't make up my mind. Any advice?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)