Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Made my own wine. :)

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Last October I went on a canning binge. I started canning all our produce, and also happened to have a ton of concord grapes. I made 20 pints of jelly and a gallon of wine. I also made some hard apple cider around December. Last night and tonight I finally siphoned it to get the alcohol from the sediment, and bottled it. Well, mother at if it. I still need to bottle the cider. At least it's clean though. It's good too. I gave the beer bottle of wine and hard cider to a friend (I recycle bottles). I took a taste and approve of my wine skills. Lol
I need a hydrometer to see the alcohol content though.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Very cool!

shyone_91786
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM

That's so cool I never had wine though

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:07 PM

This is so neat that it turned out well. Some homemade wine I've had has been barely drinkable. :)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Sep. 30, 2017 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a friend give me a bottle of homemade mead. I've had mead. It's delicious. His was like rubbing alcohol. I spit it out and dumped it.

Quoting Bmat:

This is so neat that it turned out well. Some homemade wine I've had has been barely drinkable. :)

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 4:39 PM

ROTFL!!

Quoting kcangel63: I had a friend give me a bottle of homemade mead. I've had mead. It's delicious. His was like rubbing alcohol. I spit it out and dumped it.
Quoting Bmat:

AnnieArk
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 11:37 PM
My sister makes muscadine wine. It's always good. Some day I'm going to try to do it myself.

Enjoy your wine!
wandep
by on Oct. 1, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Cool...that sounds like fun.

Quoting kcangel63:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Last October I went on a canning binge. I started canning all our produce, and also happened to have a ton of concord grapes. I made 20 pints of jelly and a gallon of wine. I also made some hard apple cider around December. Last night and tonight I finally siphoned it to get the alcohol from the sediment, and bottled it. Well, mother at if it. I still need to bottle the cider. At least it's clean though. It's good too. I gave the beer bottle of wine and hard cider to a friend (I recycle bottles). I took a taste and approve of my wine skills. Lol
I need a hydrometer to see the alcohol content though.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 9:48 AM

So cool :)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 1, 2017 at 10:09 AM
That's pretty cool.
Caramel824
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 7:45 PM
I will drink my store bought vodka to that!!!i need to go to wine making class!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)