Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is your take on soulmates?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 9:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
I really don't know. I thought I knew. Honestly I don't think that soulmates even exists. I mean people break up & get divorced all the time. Its almost like that marriage means nothing.
by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yodaoneforme
by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Soulmates can be anyone. Itโ€™s just having a really close friend that you can relate to in a way you canโ€™t with other people.
momof337
by Stephanie on Nov. 9, 2017 at 10:44 AM
My hubby is mine,he knows me the best
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM

I've noticed this lately about marriage.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2017 at 9:51 PM

I've noticed that people are becoming really sour and pesimistic about both. I believe in both and as much as there have been times when I wanted to end our marriage I didn't because he really is my other half. I can't imagine life without him and as much as our marriage has mellowed it's where I want to be and will work to keep it healthy and growing as long as I live.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 10, 2017 at 4:12 AM
2 moms liked this
My soulmate and I are getting ready to celebrate an anniversary this weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Congratulations!

Quoting lapcounter: My soulmate and I are getting ready to celebrate an anniversary this weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š

-DancingQueen-
by Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Marriage is just a piece of paper. 

Soul mates on the other hand, are something completely different. I do believe in soul mates, but not just romantic ones, but platonic ones as well. 

mYHEALER25
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you that there are break ups and divorces very often especially in todays generation. And it is very sad to hear when people break up. Having said this, there are so many couples who have been happily married for many years now. Marriage may not be easy all the time. It requires maintanance, adjustment, sacrifices, love and most of all commitment. A marriage commitment cannot be based on mere feelings. It is important that both the husband and wife put effort to keep the marriage up and running. However, there maybe occassions when divorce is absolutely required.

SUZQ154
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 6:39 PM

My husband is my best friend, partner, coparent, and the person I love the most.  In a small couples' group, we are studying the "soul" and "soulkeeping".  It doesn't mention "soulmates" but rather we have to choose to keep our souls healthy by making good choices that lead us closer to God and the people we love.

SUZQ154
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM

My husband is my best friend, partner, coparent, and the person I love the most.  In a small couples' group, we are studying the "soul" and "soulkeeping".  It doesn't mention "soulmates" but rather we have to choose to keep our souls healthy by making good choices that lead us closer to God and the people we love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)