Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

place you enjoyed visiting

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
I really don't have very many places that I've been. I did visit Mt. Rushmore, Mt.St.Helens, Florida, that was a long time ago. I really haven't visited any place recently. I did visit a National Park here at home. That's awhile ago. The beach last year
by on Nov. 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 10:55 AM

With kids' activities we haven't traveled as much as we would like.  However, we have made annual trips to places like Toronto, So. Cal, NH, ME, NYC, and Orlando.  There's also the staple places of Long Island and the Boston area for family. 

MyKids_RMyLife
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 12:04 PM

I have been to quite a lot of places before,but my favorites are

New York

Disneyland

Yellowstone

Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes

Michigan's Upper Penninsula

Kitch-iti-kpi(a large freshwater spring in Manistique,Michigan)

Fort Clatsop

I have more but these are the ones off the top of my head

AlyBelle5
by Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM

Boston, Maine, Vermont 

karone04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Disney World for christmas. The lines I didn't think were too bad for the busiest time of year (guess I am just used to it). Ds (8 at the time) didn't like Stitch's Great Escape or Space Mountain. Cocoa Beach was fun even with one of the birds taking off with the last bit of my sandwich. Locally to the Dayton, Ohio area we have: The Air Force museum (what we locals call it). It is always free unless you want to watch one of the Imax movies or get something from the gift shop. They have the decommissioned Air Force One they flew Kennedy's body in and a few other planes past presidents have flown in. A space shuttle replica and a few other things from NASA. Charleston Falls is a nice little park with falls, a cave and a pond. Clifton Mill is good for their food all year long. The biggest draw to there is their christmas lights. They are going to finish setting that up after the winds die down today. In between Yellow Springs and Xenia is a bike trail and a couple of parks similar to Charleston Falls that I can't think the name of. Youngs Jersey is a restaurant and farm. Carriage Hill is a historical farm you can walk around in Huber Heights. Taylorsville Dam is a park in between Huber Heights and Vandalia. For a amusement parks we have Kings Island and Cedar Point. Cleveland has the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Columbus has COSI and the Columbus Zoo. COSI is a science museum. Cincinnati has The Cincinnati Zoo and Children's museum. Jungle Jim's International Market is a couple of huge grocery stores (different locations) that has food from all over the world. I haven't been to the newest store but the one in Fairfield, Ohio is the original store. Newport Kentucky has the Newport Aquarium. Indianapolis, Indiana has the Indianapolis Children's Museum (looks like they have expanded since I went there as a kid).
letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM

The beach , Hawaii , walking in the woods.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM

I had a wonderful time last year in WA.

wandep
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Disney World

North Carolina

Tennessee

Canada

New York

We love traveling.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:47 PM

We haven't been many places with the kids yet but with them I've had fun visiting Denmark, Banff and the Ice Fields, and Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho.

With just dh I'd say Denmark, Norway, PEI, and Vancouver.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:55 PM

I live on the edge of the Olympic National Forest/Park.....I never get tired of going there and I enjoy every single spot I visit in there.

I enjoyed Florida when I went 20 years ago. It was quite a change from the west coast. 

I also loved the San Diego area when I visited my sister.

One of my Bucket List visits is Estes Park Colorado and the Stanley Hotel and at the same time visit Broomfield Colorado to visit Sereff Taekwon-do - USTF headquarters.

MRS.SALVATORE90
by Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:10 PM

went to huntsville alabama to see the space center or museum there as a kid. 

I'm from ohio and have seen everything aviation related in my hometown

been to kentucky kingdom.

mud island memphis. (this would not have been as bad had the cable car not stopped working right over the mississippi.

been to louisiana to a town called slidell and had i been able to escape from the church group would have been in new orleans. 

I did while in mississippi and louisiana got to see the gulf. I was not horribly impressed.

I really want to hit the north carolina coast for an overdue honeymoon in the next few years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)