Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im not a big fan of Christmas

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
My nan died the 11th of December 7 years ago now but i still don't like Christmas as it just reminds me of her dieing and then her funeral just after the new year :( but know i have kids i have to be kinda happy about it but dewp down i dont like it really if it was just me i wouldn't have a tree or anything xx
by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It is sad to associate the holiday with the death of your nan. I wonder when you think of her this time of year if you can bring to mind some of the good times with her so you remember less and less that her leaving was this time of year and that you had good times with her other Christmases.

((hugs))

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. Would she want you holding on to this grief? She would probably want you to move on. Hugs!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Why don't you incorporate some memories of your grandmother into your celebrations? She wouldn't want you to hate Christmas.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 25, 2017 at 11:01 AM
It's not for everyone.
JamstAr08
by Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 11:49 AM

I'm so sorry for you loss.  I'm sure she wouldn't want you feeling this way.  Big hugs to you though. <3

Margie2017
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Hugs and sorry about your loss

j2415
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Hi- I'm so sorry for your loss.

When I was young I was so excited about Christmas, but since my parents passed away, I became sad whenever I hear Christmas songs. It reminds me of them. It's been years since they were gone but I still cry whenever I remember them. Grieving is painful and there is no timetable. I'm doing my best to move forward so that I can enjoy my everyday life especially this special occasion. According to this article, going forward doesn't mean forgetting about the loved one who died. Enjoying life again doesn't imply that the person is no longer missed. 

I hope this article can help you, the loss of a loved one can be painful but it's possible to move forward. I will be praying for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)