Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone suffering from postpartum depression

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have been suffering from depression my whole life. Not not I have my daughter I’m happy I love her but I get the blues and really anxious when I’m at work to the point I cry and get really bad panic attacks
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM

I am sorry you are in such pain. I hope you've discussed this with your ob and with your family doctor. Isn't there something they can do to help you? Even counseling of some kind?

Feel better.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:53 PM

I am so sorry, have you talked to your OB Or Doctor about this? Hugs!

froggymom23
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 1:19 PM

What a difficult time for you. Do talk to your doctor about what you are experiencing. It might be helpful to talk to family members and good friends for support and encouragement. When you are overcome with tears, perhaps it would help to think of all the beautiful, wonderful things about your daughter. Hang in there.

PrincessAsmommy
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM

I have always struggled with anxiety and depression and after our daughter was born I suffered from really bad PPD. They didn't catch it in the hospital because Baby Blues are normal but when my PHN came for our first check up at home she got really worried about me and knew right away what was going on. I loved my baby with all my being but I had no connection to her and did as little with her as possible. She sent me straight to my dr (not the OB) and I was given meds to treat my PPD and sent to a special care group for mom's with functioning PPD and anxiety. This helped and by the time dd was 3mos I was parenting and bonding with her the way I had wanted from the day she was born but hadn't been able to find a way to get to that point on my own.

With our son my ob/gyn and dr worked together to have me properly medicated to not just combat my PCOS but my depression and anxiety and when he was born it was a LOT different!  I was clear, calm and bonded really fast. I still had some PPD but it wasn't crippling and didn't stop me from being completely there for both kids.

Talk to your dr and get treated! Meds are good (and even at a low dose can work wonders) but PPD is best combatted with a combo of meds and talk therapy. Whether it's with a professional that specializes in maternal care or with a group like the one I was in you need to see you aren't alone and find ways to cope and feel happy and see the sunshine in that sweet face.

ambience
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 2:35 PM
I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’ve had anxiety all my life and it recently took a turn for the worse, similar sounding case as yours. But thankfully I talked to my obgyn and she referred me to a clinic which helps women with all kinds of postpartum issues. It includes pdocs, therapists, etc. it has really helped me get back on my feet. There are some good days and bad days but with proper help things can and will get better. Will have you in my thoughts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)