Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help? 1 year old boy diarrhea.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

So idk if this is allowed as I'm new to this. But my son has had diarrhea for about 3 days now and idk if this is normal. One day he literally had 16 poo diapers. Yesterday he only had one and today he had 2. This one being the worse. What does this color mean? Sorry if it's tmi.
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello! I am sorry to hear he is sick. I'd say that diarrhea for 3 days means at least a call to the doctor. Mainly make sure, meanwhile, that he has lots of clear liquids to drink. The worry about extended diarrhea is dehydration.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh poor baby! Yes keep him hydrated!
Back in the day we'd put him on a brat diet.
Bananas rice applesauce toast.
oliveoil423
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything that has starch in the food will help. Like cheese mash potatoes but make sure he is also drink water. Also find the pedilight that also will help with all that.

But if put my kid in the tub rand hose them down. My 10 month old did that and umm my husband had to help me clean her off.
Nerdymommy2006
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

BRAT diet.  Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast

foodcooppres
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

This child needs to replenish the good bacteria in his digestive system.  When my oldest daughter was one, she had some kind of stomach bug for 1 day, followed by a whole month of diarrhea.  I saw 2 doctors about it and they were no help.  Finally I consulted a book on alternative health which recommended acidophilus, which is the bacteria in yogurt with live cultures.  I got capsules of this at the health food store, opened them and mixed the powder with yogurt, and gave it to her.  In one day, she went from 8 messy diapers a day to normal.  Don't know why doctors don't know this!  You could just feed him yogurt, making sure it says live cultures--not all yogurt does.  Better to get organic yogurt, like Stonyfield brand.  But the capsules from the health food store are more powerful and will act quicker.  God bless you and your little guy.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM

How is he today?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)