Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!? Anxiety and sick

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:03 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi all,

Reaching out for some support and suggestions. DH and I live away from family help and our only babysitter has finals this week. I have such bad anxiety when DD becomes sick that I am not fully functional...full on panic attacks. I hate leaving DH to care for her when she's sick and worry even more if he were to get sick. I've tried a lot of different things like mindfulness, medications, coping tools, etc and nothing seems help (except the medication that knocks me out). What can I do? Any suggestions for having additional care?
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM

I am sorry you have this worry. I wonder if a class on first aid or if you can find one caring for sick children would ease your mind. Have you tried yoga or tai chi?

letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell yourself your dd needs you to have your wits about you ,.

GrlMomOf4
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:37 PM

I know how hard it is to not have family help with LOs!  Also, how hard it is when they are sick. Is your LO sick right now? Do you have any friends or neighbors who could fill in for your sitter while she's taking finals? As far as the anxiety, have you tried to a counselor?  Sometimes it takes some time to figure out the best coping tool for you and  they may be able to help you find a medication that didn't knock you out while providing some relief. Praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)