Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

klutziness.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi. Im  new to this Site. New Girl as they say. lol. Um, I'm such a klutz!!!!! But I have 2 girls. I've always wondered something: Is klutziness genetic? Can my girls get it from me or anything?

by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

Klutziness such as dropping things all the time? Tripping? I'd think some causes could be genetic but some just a person's personality.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
6 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,

I agree w/ this :)

Quoting Bmat:

Welcome!

Klutziness such as dropping things all the time? Tripping? I'd think some causes could be genetic but some just a person's personality.

Heyhay92
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM

I don't know if it is a genetic thing, but one thing you could do is get them in some beginner dance classes or even gymnastics classes for balance. I know balet helped me with balance a lot  through my years.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Good point!! Also yoga and tai chi are great for balance.

Quoting Heyhay92:

I don't know if it is a genetic thing, but one thing you could do is get them in some beginner dance classes or even gymnastics classes for balance. I know balet helped me with balance a lot  through my years.

sarahgirl160
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks u guys. but im the one who's the klutz. not them. i was just asking cause i didnt know if they could be too or not.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM

It isn't impossible. And it could be inherited as a side effect of some characteristic that they got from you, or learned behavior. So wait and see. :) 

From one klutz to another. :)

Quoting sarahgirl160:

thanks u guys. but im the one who's the klutz. not them. i was just asking cause i didnt know if they could be too or not.

Heyhay92
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes indeed they are good too.

Quoting Bmat:

Good point!! Also yoga and tai chi are great for balance.

Quoting Heyhay92:

karone04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a clutz also. At least once a month I have bruises on my legs or arms from running into things (document safe on my floor or doornobs most of the time). I don't know if its because I have untreated scoliosis (thanks to my dad not listening to my mom about it) , I am nearsighted (wear glasses all the time), or a combination of both.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM

It could also be that you have a lot on your mind and are in a hurry. :)

Quoting karone04:

I am a clutz also. At least once a month I have bruises on my legs or arms from running into things (document safe on my floor or doornobs most of the time). I don't know if its because I have untreated scoliosis (thanks to my dad not listening to my mom about it) , I am nearsighted (wear glasses all the time), or a combination of both.

karone04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

The only time I am in a hurry is when someone is at the door and Peanut is barking at them. I don't usually run into either my doorknob or the furnace/waterheater closet doorknob when he starts barking. With the safe I know that is because I wake up at night wanting something to drink from my mini fridge.

Quoting Bmat:

It could also be that you have a lot on your mind and are in a hurry. :)

Quoting karone04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)