Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 month old vaccines..HELP!

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM
  • 10 Replies
My 2 month old is scheduled for vaccines tomorrow and seems to have a bit of a cold today. Would you still give the vaccines to your child? Has any other mom given vaccines while their child was ill?
by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM
If you're concerned contact the doctor.
illogicalkat
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM
I would, but talk to your pediatrician.
nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 4:56 PM
As long as it’s just a mild cold I would and have. Anything serious and we would hold off until better. The doctor will examine baby first and give their opinion whether they should get the shots or not.
lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 5:16 PM

You can still give vaccines if it's just a mild cold. People do that all the time. The immune system will be able to still work and if there ARE any side effects from the vaccines it won't be from that. If you are nervous though as I'm sure I would be too haha, then just tell the nurse that you're concerned when you're there and see what she/he thinks but there shouldn't be any reason to not have the vaccines. I actually had my flu shot when I was still a little under the weather at 5 weeks pregnant and nothing happened to me. 

BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Talk to the doctor

Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM

Like the others have stated if it is more than just a mild cold than talk to your doctor and see what they reccommend. 

S.M.ile
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM
No! You never know how sick your baby is. It may be a virus that is about to get worse and the baby needs all of its immunity to fight it.
I refused vaccination because my child was fussy and not acting himself. My doctor was nkt happy. But 2 days later my child was running a high fever and had a virus for 10 days.
I would not take the risk!
MRS.SALVATORE90
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 5:38 PM

i never did it even with a cold. my pediatrician had no problem putting it off.

boymom2014
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM
It's up to you and the Dr to talk about

Quoting Pas1234: My 2 month old is scheduled for vaccines tomorrow and seems to have a bit of a cold today. Would you still give the vaccines to your child? Has any other mom given vaccines while their child was ill?
Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:58 AM
As long as it was a mild cold my doc said it was fine. He said it was better for him to get them with a cold then what he could end up with if he didn't get them. They told me the major concern is if they have a fever. But they also told me it was up to me and wether or not I wanted to wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)