Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of watching my cousin’s kids all the time.

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband and I are getting fed up with watching my cousins kids all the time. They’re 4month old twins which are nothing but fuss monsters. We’re also taking care of our 1month old as well. We watch them three days out of the week sometimes four days. Because her husband works night shift and is too tired to come and pick up their kids. And when we try to say no we’re like the worst people in the world who don’t do anything for them. They just bring them over anyways and drops them off. Also my mother,who lives with us, says the same thing to us and to just deal with it. When we ask them if they can watch our baby for a couple hours her husband immediately says he doesn’t want to take care of another persons baby. We don’t know what todo.
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Knight708
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:22 PM
He sleeps when the baby sleeps. And he’ll try to nap before he goes to work. I don’t know how he does it but he can run on a 2-4hrs of sleep and be good for the day.

Quoting LibraBalance: When will your husband sleep?

Quoting Knight708: My husband works at night. He’ll be home for the majority of the day til I get home from work. Then he’ll leave for work a couple hours later.

Quoting virginiamama71: Do you have daycare for your baby after you return to work?

Quoting Knight708: I’m still on maternity leave for another two weeks.

Quoting redbottoms: then I guess keep being everyone's bitch till you can move out. Why don't you put the baby in daycare and get a job? Then they can't dump the kids off on you because you are not there, you will be at work

Quoting Knight708: As I previously stated, we cannot afford it right now because my husband doesn’t make a lot as a State CO.

Quoting redbottoms: SMH Then stand on your own two feet and move out!

Quoting Knight708: We thought about doing this but my mother would throw a big bitch fit. And we would hear it till the end of time.

Quoting redbottoms: Move out on your own. And if they drop them off because your mother let them in, then just get your baby and leave the house and leave the twins there with her. Do this every time.

Quoting Knight708: They have the keys to the house because it’s my mothers house.

Quoting illogicalkat:

Be the bad guys and say "no." 

It's really that simple.

If your mom gives you crap about it, tell her that she can watch the twins on her own. If your cousin and her husband complain about it, just don't answer the phone or return their text messages. If they try to drop the babies off anyway, don't answer the door (and if your mother answers the door, she can watch the babies).

LibraBalance
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:43 PM
He does it because he has no choice. I've been there. It's far from healthly. I'm not trying to bash you all just hopefully you can change that schedule sooner than later! Good luck 😊

Quoting Knight708: He sleeps when the baby sleeps. And he�ll try to nap before he goes to work. I don�t know how he does it but he can run on a 2-4hrs of sleep and be good for the day.
Quoting LibraBalance: When will your husband sleep?
Quoting Knight708: My husband works at night. He�ll be home for the majority of the day til I get home from work. Then he�ll leave for work a couple hours later.
Quoting virginiamama71: Do you have daycare for your baby after you return to work?
Quoting Knight708: I�m still on maternity leave for another two weeks.
Quoting redbottoms: then I guess keep being everyone's bitch till you can move out. Why don't you put the baby in daycare and get a job? Then they can't dump the kids off on you because you are not there, you will be at work
Quoting Knight708: As I previously stated, we cannot afford it right now because my husband doesn�t make a lot as a State CO.
Quoting redbottoms: SMH Then stand on your own two feet and move out!
Quoting Knight708: We thought about doing this but my mother would throw a big bitch fit. And we would hear it till the end of time.
Quoting redbottoms: Move out on your own. And if they drop them off because your mother let them in, then just get your baby and leave the house and leave the twins there with her. Do this every time.
Quoting Knight708: They have the keys to the house because it�s my mothers house.
Quoting illogicalkat:

It's really that simple.

If your mom gives you crap about it, tell her that she can watch the twins on her own. If your cousin and her husband complain about it, just don't answer the phone or return their text messages. If they try to drop the babies off anyway, don't answer the door (and if your mother answers the door, she can watch the babies).

aurorabear
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:46 PM

Don't open the door. Its your home, your life. I wouldn't care if people said I was awful. They will prove themselves wrong when they turn around and do this to the next unsuspecting family member because you won't anymore. 

xoch86
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:52 PM

So tell them no..

tell them if you find the babies at your house, that you'll call the police and claim abandonment. I would also tell your mother that if those kids are left, you would be putting them into her room until the police arrive.

as for your mother, I'd rather listen to her bitch then have to deal with two 4 month old on day, on top of your own baby.

Mater-three
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:58 PM
Just say no
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Don't open the door. Done.
BeautifulMomof1
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
At this rate, you're never going to be able to get your own place . .

Quoting Knight708: We’re pretty much paying 950/mo. That’s including rent, utilities, and food. Which is 75% of everything. We have no evictions on our record.

Quoting virginiamama71: Is your Mother charging rent?
What other bills do you have to pay?
Do you have one or more evictions?

If you're living with someone rent free or just paying a small amount for rent with minimal bills you can probably save a good amount in 3 or 4 checks and move out.
A one bedroom is all you need.

Quoting Knight708: We cannot afford it right now, my husband doesn�t make a lot being a State CO. Otherwise we would be long gone.
Quoting virginiamama71: Sounds like you and your husband need to find your own place.

Quoting Knight708: They have the keys to the house because it�s my mothers house.
Quoting illogicalkat:

It's really that simple.

BeautifulMomof1
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Was it like this before you were on maternity leave?

How is it fair for YOUR husband to take care of your baby and their 2 after working all night? He's tired, too . . That's so unfair . . I would drop those babies off at their house just like they drop them off at yours . .
MamaBlade
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:34 PM

you have two choices....

choice one... tell them if they leave their kids you will call CPS cause you will not watch them.. (yes yes i know horrible but you need to stand up for yourself)

choice two... look into section 8 housing or low rent housing so you can get out on your own.. Not all section 8 or low rent housing are shit holes i live in a section 8 HOUSE! i pay half of the rent and all the bills the state pays the other half my half is 900

Redhen16
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:49 PM

Yes, it would be very overwhelming to take care of 3 newborns!  l don't have any new ideas for what you should do but it sounds like when you go back to work in a couple of weeks, they will have to look elsewhere.  Hugs and prayers for you, sweet mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)