Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good lord help

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
We moved into our new house in November...the previous owners are our relatives and they left their washer and dryer since they didn’t need them for their new house. It was said that the heating core is going in the dryer and would have to have 2 cycles before certain amount of clothes would dry. Which is fine I just do smaller loads to prevent it. But now all of the sudden it smells like a legit ashtray coming from the back. No one smokes and neither did they. I ran the dryer last night and nothing I put my last load in this morning and I got up from my living room to go to my kitchen and instantly smelled ashtray. And it’s not a newly lit cigerette smell or a just put out one either...it’s like someone left 20 ashtrays full of cigarette ashes in my laundry room!
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:59 PM
Call a repair man or just bite the bullet and go buy a new dryer
cleokitty14
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM

Personally, I would 'bite the bullet' & get a new one; actually, if I could afford to I'd just get a complete new set & be done with it before something happens to the washer.

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Get a new one

illogicalkat
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:45 PM

I'd just buy a new one. 

boymom2014
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:32 PM
Either call a repair man or buy a new washer and dryer set

Quoting Mana_4: We moved into our new house in November...the previous owners are our relatives and they left their washer and dryer since they didn’t need them for their new house. It was said that the heating core is going in the dryer and would have to have 2 cycles before certain amount of clothes would dry. Which is fine I just do smaller loads to prevent it. But now all of the sudden it smells like a legit ashtray coming from the back. No one smokes and neither did they. I ran the dryer last night and nothing I put my last load in this morning and I got up from my living room to go to my kitchen and instantly smelled ashtray. And it’s not a newly lit cigerette smell or a just put out one either...it’s like someone left 20 ashtrays full of cigarette ashes in my laundry room!
Mana_4
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 11:37 PM
The smell is coming from the outlet itself. Before I left for work I unplugged it and kept it that way until my fiancé got home and he took a look and said it didn’t have that smell but because I could smell it right from the outlet means there’s something wrong with it so we are replacing it. Unfortunately getting a new dryer or even a set is out of the question right now 👎🏼 But thank you all!
GrammyJoanne
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM

Stop using it and have it repaired before it catches your house on fire, girl!!

Mother1957
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 7:26 AM
If you cant afford a new one or even a repair,you could always go get a rental till you can do better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)