Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Mom Groups Are Important To Me

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2018 at 11:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Motherhood is hard. That is to say the least. Of course, most people will say it's rewarding and fulfilling. Well, they’re right. I won’t argue with that.

However, it is not easy. I wake up (very early) every single day to make sure my kid is in school on time. I love him dearly, so dearly that I wouldn’t want him taking the school bus. I know that’s my choice. Complaining about it would be futile.

That’s’ the whole point about motherhood; we make all these choices and at some point; complain about them. Is it a mom thing? I don’t know. It’s for that reason that I find mom groups very important.

You see, only moms understand such kind of decisions. The reason for that is because moms make decisions that aren’t exactly for them. So at some point, we end up complaining. Unfortunately, we can’t complain to our husbands and to our kids. So, we can only complain to each other. Without mom groups we wouldn't be able to do that. I'm so grateful for mom groups.

by on Jan. 7, 2018 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 8:46 AM
3 moms liked this

One of my favorite groups when my children were young was a moms group. We had coffee and a snack and monitored the children playing while we moms talked.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I wish I had had a mom group or CafeMom when my son was young!
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Good post.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

The only mom group I have ever belonged to are the one's on this site.  I must say that I have made a few good friends here, two of whom I met personally. 

Frannie270
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 4:16 AM

I have had a couple of mom groups but there was one particular mom group that was just not right. There was one mom who would always leave her kid with us. She would show up with her kid, then leave. It was okay to do it once or twice but then she was really pushing her luck. That mom group of mine didn't turn out so well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)