Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he is overreacting.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:19 AM
  • 22 Replies

All 3 of my sons are going/went to the same school ( Been in the same district for over 10 years). So, most of the teachers know me, because of parent/teacher meetings..etc.

The pre-algebra teacher taught my (now) 21 year old. Has been teaching   my 16 and 14 year old boys. This year Brian (16) has been having serious problems with *Mrs. Young. She's pulled him out of class acussing him of cheating ( Using the schools cameras it was proved that he hadn't been cheating). They (school) keep trying to convince me to put Brian in a "life skills" class,because he will probably never make it out of school. *Mrs. Young is the only teacher advocating this--all the other teachers were saying that Brian is actually trying to make good grades this year.

Anyhow, we walk into the confrence room with the teachers, and once everyone had sat down, *Mrs. Young came to me and asked very   LOUDLY (she wanted everyone to hear her) If we were certain we could understand everything that was going to be discussed or would I prefer her to get me a translator?! This teacher has known me (my family) for over 12 years now. She knows we are bilingual--she also knows that we are all fluent in English and Spanish.

I agree with my hubby that she was purposely trying to be rude, but my hubby wants to go to the school board to complain. He was very mad at her....I just think we should leave well enough alone.

So,should we complain or should we not?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zoo003
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:17 AM
Based upon what you have written here, if I were you, I would have a discussion with the teacher regarding her accusations of cheating, her insistence that my son wouldn't graduate and her behavior during the conference. During or after this meeting, if I felt that the teacher was going to continue on with her behavior or didn't take my complaints seriously, I would definitely go to the principal and/or the superintendent (I might even have the principal sit in on the original meeting with the teacher). Good luck.
merriemoe
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:59 PM
I think I would also see an attorney. Seems like she’s harassing your son.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Sorry,I didn't answer sooner. Had to work a double.When my oldest  was in her class, he complained several times that she was "mean" to him. At first I thought that maybe he exaggerated because he doesn't   like math...Now, I'm starting to think she is the one with the problem,kwim?

Quoting zoo003: Based upon what you have written here, if I were you, I would have a discussion with the teacher regarding her accusations of cheating, her insistence that my son wouldn't graduate and her behavior during the conference. During or after this meeting, if I felt that the teacher was going to continue on with her behavior or didn't take my complaints seriously, I would definitely go to the principal and/or the superintendent (I might even have the principal sit in on the original meeting with the teacher). Good luck.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM

This is what my mom says I should do....

Quoting merriemoe: I think I would also see an attorney. Seems like she’s harassing your son.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:09 PM

BUMP!

Clarity-1
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stay unified with hubby and file a complaint to the school board with an attorney present. That behavior is unacceptable. You should also document every encounter or incident that has transpired.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:26 AM

I have everything documented. At the beginning I wanted to believe that she's the type of person afraid of people that are different than her. But, this stuff is getting ridiculous. It's sort of looking like she enjoys harassing my kid...

Quoting Clarity-1: I would stay unified with hubby and file a complaint to the school board with an attorney present. That behavior is unacceptable. You should also document every encounter or incident that has transpired.

Clarity-1
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That's terrible! I hope your situation resolves. Your child deserves to be in a safe and loving environment. Best wishes!

Quoting brandyblx:

I have everything documented. At the beginning I wanted to believe that she's the type of person afraid of people that are different than her. But, this stuff is getting ridiculous. It's sort of looking like she enjoys harassing my kid...

Quoting Clarity-1: I would stay unified with hubby and file a complaint to the school board with an attorney present. That behavior is unacceptable. You should also document every encounter or incident that has transpired.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:51 PM

Some teachers now a days seem more inclined to tear the children down,kwim? frown mini

Quoting Clarity-1: That's terrible! I hope your situation resolves. Your child deserves to be in a safe and loving environment. Best wishes!
Quoting brandyblx:

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:01 AM
As a teacher. I beg you to complain!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)