Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things you did with your mom

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
My mom died when I was 3. So I never knew my mom so I didn't do anything with my mom
by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM

I"m sorry about that.  My mom walked out on me when I was 5 months old so I never got to do anything with her either.

Pixiemaid
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM
I'm sorry

Quoting soymujer:

I"m sorry about that.  My mom walked out on me when I was 5 months old so I never got to do anything with her either.

CalamityJane73
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:39 PM

I am so sorry you lost your mom so young. 

For me she would take me and my older sister who is 3 years older than me to the playground a lot. She would also always be playing games with us like Chutes and Ladders and Candyland.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:09 PM

My mom was either working or going to school when I was a kid. However she did make time to be my Brownie leader for several years and the district music commisioner once I moved up to Guides. She fostered my love of music by making sure I was involved with musicals and choir at church and taking piano lessons. And she made a point of being at all concerts and receitals.

Elelo
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM

I am sorry :(  I went to her work. She was an ICU NURSE.   Just everything,

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:16 PM
I’m sorry for your loss.
My mother is not a good person. She lost her mother when she was a teen, and basically told me at a young age that she “didn’t have a mom, so why should “I” have one.” She also told me she never wanted a girl, and girls were useless.
She ignored me, doted on my older brother non stop, and made my life pretty miserable. I spent a lot of my adult years in therapy. I’m over it. I haven’t spoken to her in over a decade. I dont even know where she lives.

I have a grown dd. We are super close, and I’ve been extremely involved in her life.
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:54 PM

Sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. My dad died while my mom was pregnant with me. 

rainiebelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 11:15 PM
I am sorry for your loss.
My mom never did anything with me. She was a single mom and was too wrapped up in her own life.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:06 AM
My mom took me shopping , was room mom every year and was my youth leader in everything every year. It was not about spending time with me.. It was about her and her standing in the community.. I dont remember her ever playing with me or having fun with me... .
CannotCount
by Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:10 AM
:( I’m sorry about your loss.
We went for walks just the two of us all the time. She came as a parent chaperone when I did the eastern Canada trip with school and we went on a week long camping trip when I was a teen just us. (We are a family of 6 so not often it was just me and her)
I still go out for lunch with regularly or we go camping together with the kids. I spend a lot of time with my mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)