Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postpartum Blues

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
Today I overheard my SO on the phone with his friend, who saw a picture of me on Facebook; I overheard him say I was so big he didn’t even recognize me. I gained 80 pounds with my SS and I’m only 3 weeks PP. I sat in the shower and cried, can’t even look at myself in the mirror without thinking about how repulsive I look. I already had no self esteem before and after I heard him it only validated my appearance. Not to mention my SO hasn’t touched me since I was 6 months. I literally and the most disgusting human I’ve ever seen.
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Elelo
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your dr and ignore the BS. You just had a baby.
PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

From the sound of it I'd say you have a lot more than the blues. Talk to your dr about post-partum depression and getting it treated. They can also help you come to terms with your new body and how to accept it and get to a healthy diet and exercise that will help you firm up and feel better. But please keep in mind that you just had a baby and it will take time to get back to where you were. It took almost 10 months to grow that sweet babe and your body changed to give it and you what was needed to stay healthy and thrive. Give yourself a break and have a chat with your SO. Try to stay calm and don't pick a fight but make sure he understands that you need him to love you and the baby and when you hear him talking like that and not touching you hurts you deeply. If he can't do that then you need to go and be with your parents or someone that can support you when you need it the most! You need as much TLC as that baby does right now.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Did your SO say that or his friend?

It does sound as though you have PPD. Please talk with your doctor. And give yourself a break, if a friend of yours had a similar concern what would you tell her- to give herself a chance, right? You just participated in the miracle of life, you are a great person.

wifemomlife101
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 6:44 PM

After delivering a child, your body goes through many changes. Emotional and physical changes. Usually postpartum depression involves not wanting to care for your child and moping around. Your situation sounds a little bit more than PPD. You should definitely see your doctor. I wish you the best. Keep your head up, you just had a beautiful blessing in carrying and delivering a child.

No mother is perfect but there are a million ways to be a great one. Check out these mom hacks at wifemomlife101.com 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:01 PM

Make a change.

Start simple, cut out something. Walk more. then add more to it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)