Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother/Daughter Relationships

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:46 PM
  • 23 Replies
Growing up I can't remember if I had close relationship with my mother, my dad said we were close.

After I became a teenager we slowly had problems and now that I'm an adult we don't talk anymore.

How did it change so drastically? A couple of things could have damaged our relationship but could it have been mended?

I just miss having a mother that I could depend on...
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If she's still alive contact her.
SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:07 PM

Contact her.

andrea.jordan
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:42 PM
I can't because I'm tired of the emotional pain and abuse that she's caused

Quoting virginiamama71: If she's still alive contact her.
andrea.jordan
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't because I'm tired of the emotional pain and abuse that she's caused

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Contact her.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:44 PM

OH, I am sorry.

I did not understand that.

Quoting andrea.jordan: I can't because I'm tired of the emotional pain and abuse that she's caused
Quoting SissyAnn141:

Contact her.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:34 AM
Maybe counseling can help you.

Quoting andrea.jordan: I can't because I'm tired of the emotional pain and abuse that she's caused
susieq3274
by Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 12:29 PM
I totally understand my mom has done the same thing to me , but my mom says stuff right In front of my ds so we don't talk but I would rather have it that way cause she is very rude to me and has admitted that she likes to upset me . So I talk to her ever now and again , I have 2 other sisters and she does same thing to them. So just do whatever makes u happy k .

andrea.jordan
by Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 5:30 PM
We tried therapy when I was younger and it was supposed to be equal opportunity for each therapy session on a weekly basis meaning she would talk in one session and I would do the same the next session. Every therapy session for 2-3 wks we talked about her problems growing up and not about our problems together so I said I'm done with therapy with her because I felt like I was wasn't important or equal in the therapy sessions.

Quoting virginiamama71: Maybe counseling can help you.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM

I had a lot of bad times with my mother, but good times, too. Now she is suffering from dementia and in a nursing home, and I have put the bad times behind me- what is the use of bringing them up. In your case, there is still a chance that your mother could be abusive to you, so it isn't the same situation. Is this a behavior change on her part? Perhaps she has drifted into a mental illness problem that could be helped with a medical work up.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2018 at 5:38 PM
I meant for yourself.

Quoting andrea.jordan: We tried therapy when I was younger and it was supposed to be equal opportunity for each therapy session on a weekly basis meaning she would talk in one session and I would do the same the next session. Every therapy session for 2-3 wks we talked about her problems growing up and not about our problems together so I said I'm done with therapy with her because I felt like I was wasn't important or equal in the therapy sessions.

Quoting virginiamama71: Maybe counseling can help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)