Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think mom should have been paying more attention...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:28 PM
  • 34 Replies
2 moms liked this

But, maybe that's just me. We took Brian (17 year old) out to eat on his birthday. He chose a Japanese Steak House.So, as we are sitting/ waiting on our cook a 10 month old girl starts screaming bloody murder on the other side of the room.

At the beginning, it looked like the baby had managed to put her hand on the "grill". Customers were beginning to get up and leave thinking that it was the restaurant's fault, because they sat the baby too close to the grill. But, it turns out that at that table they had already started on the first half or their meal (salad,egg drop soup....) As you guys know the egg drop soup is EXTREMELY hot when they bring it to you.And, the server had already asked them to move the baby back a little--as she could reach the bowls. 

Apparently, mom didn't move the baby but also wasn't paying attention to the baby. The little girl managed to grab the side of one of the bowls and plunged her little hand in it.While trying to remove the baby's hand from the soup they managed to (basically) dump the whole bowl on her.That must have hurt...poor little girl.

As that table was getting up to leave they were yelling about suing.Mom should have been paying more attention.The whole thing could have been avoided.bad

Eta, Before everyone starts yelling at me...I understand that accidents happen.I doubt mom meant for her daughter to get such a bad burn, but why didn't they move her when they were asked to? 

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope the child is ok.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:38 PM

So do I.

Quoting virginiamama71: I hope the child is ok.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:43 PM

Quoting virginiamama71: I hope the child is ok.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 17, 2018 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I do think that is parental responsibility.

I.Am.Jester
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Agree its a parental responsibility.  Its common sense to know when you order soup, its going to come hot, and you should make sure that its out of reach of a toddler, just like you would a cup of coffee.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I just feel bad for the baby. I know how bad a "hot soup burn" hurts.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I do think that is parental responsibility.

silverbuttons
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is the parenting that was lacking.  You know this mom might regret this for a long time.  It was an unfortunate accident.  

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:12 PM

I agree it was an accident, I doubt mom wanted her baby to get hurt.I just don't understand why mom started talking about suing someone?! It was just as much her fault as it was the server's.

Quoting silverbuttons:

I think it is the parenting that was lacking.  You know this mom might regret this for a long time.  It was an unfortunate accident.  

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:13 PM

Agree

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

Agree its a parental responsibility.  Its common sense to know when you order soup, its going to come hot, and you should make sure that its out of reach of a toddler, just like you would a cup of coffee.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM
People always talk about suing someone but most don't do it.

Quoting brandyblx:

I agree it was an accident, I doubt mom wanted her baby to get hurt.I just don't understand why mom started talking about suing someone?! It was just as much her fault as it was the server's.

Quoting silverbuttons:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)