Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help y'all

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
my daughter suzie wont put her phone away!She is always on her chatsnap, intergam and also twuter! i kindly suggested facebook but nahhh its for old snikerdoodle people!! helppp y'all!
by on Feb. 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 18, 2018 at 6:49 PM
Are you the parent?
rainiebelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:09 PM
I use this app teen safe on my daughter's phone. We can set time limits both for amount of time on and shut off time ( example my daughter phone is on from 7am-7pm but during those 12 hours she can only have 6 hours of total use. So if she uses her phone from 7am straight her phone will stop working. She will be able to turn it on but will not allow her to access anything) block apps, restrict and/or block websites, block web searches, make it so they need a password to download any new apps. For a small fee you can get the premium that has other features. We stick with the free app.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:36 PM
How about you set times and when she isn't supposed to have it on and does you take it.
Margie2017
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:37 PM

Set up boundaries

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 8:46 PM

LOL You might want to learn the names of those apps before waging this battle with her!

I agree with the others. Set some house rules for internet and phone used and have some stiff consequences if she breaks them. If she's old enough for a phone she's old enough to understand it's a privilage and a responsibility and she has to follow your rules or faces the consequences.

merriemoe
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Um. Take it away?
endearment
by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 2:02 PM

Definitely set up a schedule for her for when she can use her phone. And other times for when she's not allowed to use it, take it away during the times she's not allowed.

jjsong
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM

Smart Phones can be so addictive no matter what age you are and real life and people pass you by while you are staring at your phone.  The app sounds like a good idea but  6 hrs is a long time out of a young person's life to be distracted.  You didn't say how old she is.  As a former school psychologist in a large high school phone usage was a real problem and social media bullying.  I'm assuming that she takes her phone to school but needs to have it out of sight during classes. After school you can have her drop her phone off to you if you are at home until homework and dinner or over.  Then it is her choice to watch TV or be on phone for a couple of hours and then give it back to you after she goes to bed.  Otherwise many students are up late texting,  going on social media, gaming, downloading pics etc. and lose valuable sleep that they need as developing teenagers.  Academics should be the focus rather than constant social media.  She will be a happier more contented person if you set boundaries on this part of her life.  It is difficult managing the demands of social media for even the most disciplined person.  My best to you and your daughter.

Bellalee1
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 8:17 PM

Research shows that children thrive better when they have healthy boundaries put in place for them.

If you feel that your dd is spending too much time on her phone, then it might be necessary for you to discuss it with her and agree on some ground rules to guide her phone usage. It's never too late to implement this, I say better late than never. Also as someone else said her phone is a privilege and not a right.

jezebelabraham
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 6:18 PM
Petty
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)