Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does my best friend put me in these positions?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
So..... I have this wonder women who has been my best friend for over a decade. She just started dating this guy (when she was suppose to take time for herself after the last loser who she wasted 7 years of her life with) who is rude and a drunk. I don't like him (obviously) and her sister and a Mutual friend of ours feels the same why. I meant him once for her surprise birthday party her sister threw. I didn't want to meet him for a while but I had no choice being that it was in her sisters house. She also told me (before the party) that he swang at her and one day she was over his house and he raised his hand to his mom. So I already didn't like him then the party came and my opinion didn't change.

So I say all this to say I am throwing a party for my husband and I don't want him to come (I told her that) but know I'm starting to think maybe I should being that she's my best friend. So........ what should I do?

P.S. I just want someone to tell me I'm right and that it's ok to not like him and not hide it. Lol
by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 19, 2018 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this
You can still have the party for your husband and just tell your friend she's invited but not the boyfriend. If she doesn't want to be there without him that's ok.

Everyone will have fun and you and her will still be friends unless you both think this is something that should end a friendship.
Zeeksolo
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Quoting virginiamama71: You can still have the party for your husband and just tell your friend she's invited but not the boyfriend. If she doesn't want to be there without him that's ok.

Everyone will have fun and you and her will still be friends unless you both think this is something that should end a friendship.
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Feb. 19, 2018 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this
If my BF was dating a guy that tried to hit her he would have no doubt in his mind how I felt about him. Fuck that guy.
merriemoe
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn’t allow him in my house either.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't invite him. If she asks tell her the truth. You don't have to like someone. Especially if she's saying he's possibly abusive. 

Don't make her think you're ok with a relationship like that.

rainiebelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would invite her and tell her he is not welcome. It is more then ok that you do not like him and that you show it!
Zeeksolo
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM
Oh noooo..she already knows I don't like him. I'm very blunt all the time with and everyone I know. I was second guessing it just cause of my friendship her. But you guys are confirming that I was to feel the way I feel and to get that negatively away from me and my home. Thanks

Quoting LancesMom:

I wouldn't invite him. If she asks tell her the truth. You don't have to like someone. Especially if she's saying he's possibly abusive. 

Don't make her think you're ok with a relationship like that.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. It's your party and you have every right to not invite someone like that! If she can't respect you and your friendship then maybe she needs to have an ultimatum ... it's either him (and all the danger she'd be in with him in her life) or the rest of you and a good life. Then step back and let her make that decision and respect her choice.

zeesmuse
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It's your house and your party and you have the right to invite who and only who you want. 

So invite her and tell her to leave the abusive alcy at home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)