Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby rice cereal

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
What have mom’s mixed in cereal to spice up? I haven’t given LO plain food before and he doesn’t seem to like the rice by its self.
by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ChoosingMe
by Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Mix it with apple sauce for breakfast and for Lunch a vegtable with a little fruit so he will eat it. Worked for me everytime.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Our kids didn't care for the rice cereals but when we gave them oatmeal I'd add yogurt or a mashed up banana or strawberry. And once they were close to a year old I'd use a little chocolate milk when I mixed the cereal for a special treat.  There are lots of fun flavor varieties in apple sauces and baby foods. Just go slow when introducing the different flavors, textures and fruits/veggies. Introduce one at a time and a little a time in case they don't like it or react to it somehow.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

this :)

Quoting ChoosingMe:

Mix it with apple sauce for breakfast and for Lunch a vegtable with a little fruit so he will eat it. Worked for me everytime.

MyKids_RMyLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

When my kids were babies I just did the rice cereal plain,they seemed to like it OK,I never thought to mix it with anything...

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:22 PM

We didn't use rice cereal. I made oatmeal and put in fresh fruits like bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc. My daughter pretty much ate whatever we ate.

GAPeach83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I use oatmeal.  My baby likes it plain but I'm going to start mixing some fruit up with it.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
breast milk or formula, and or applesauce or mashed banana
Calliope1921
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:36 PM

I didn't do the rice cereal. Just gave some purees till they had their pincher grasp down and could feed themselves and we switched to regular food just cut up really small. Anything I ate, the kid ate. My kids didn't start food till closer to 8mos too.

FYI, rice cereal is starch which is pretty  much sugar. Not needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)