Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you tell your friend?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've been friends with this girl for 27yrs. Love her to death but she likes the drama and i tend to stay out of drama...
Anyways! She informs me tonight that they guy she went out with the a few nights ago was hitting on her all night and wanting to kiss her. Apparently she worked with the gf of this guy and work friends with her. So she knows them both.
My friend found out this afternoon that this couple is now engaged... she's talked to me like she was gong to tell this girl everything this dude was telling her.
Am i in the wrong for telling her not to get involved?
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Clarity-1
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:32 PM
I used to have friends like that and cut them out of my life. I grew exhausted from dealing with messes that were not mine. I would steer clear from any advisement, in my opinion. If your advisement whether or not to get involved backfires she will blame you.

Quoting Dallasleigh15: I've been friends with this girl for 27yrs. Love her to death but she likes the drama and i tend to stay out of drama...
Anyways! She informs me tonight that they guy she went out with the a few nights ago was hitting on her all night and wanting to kiss her. Apparently she worked with the gf of this guy and work friends with her. So she knows them both.
My friend found out this afternoon that this couple is now engaged... she's talked to me like she was gong to tell this girl everything this dude was telling her.
Am i in the wrong for telling her not to get involved?
merriemoe
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:55 PM
Iโ€™d cut ties. She sounds like a headache.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:36 PM
I wouldn't say anything because she will only do what she wants.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:55 PM

I don't know what to advise. If my fiance were playing fast and loose I'd want to know. On the other hand if someone came up and told me, then I'd question her truthfulness. If she isn't a good friend of the other girl, maybe she should let it go.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Let her do what she wants, it's how people learn. She'll figure out if this friend is a friend or not, by how she reacts to her news.

Dallasleigh15
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM
So they got engaged like 2 days after he hit on my friend. They are more work friends that like friend friends if that makes any sort of sence.

Quoting Bmat:

I don't know what to advise. If my fiance were playing fast and loose I'd want to know. On the other hand if someone came up and told me, then I'd question her truthfulness. If she isn't a good friend of the other girl, maybe she should let it go.

Margie2017
by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:17 PM

If she is a good friend tell her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)