Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help quitting smoking

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes!!! I'm more than ok with weight gain. I'm trying to gain 30lbs i have a high metabolism. And i can't chew the gum or any gummy food. I've tried the patch also tried listening to hypnosis while sleeping. Please help
by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:00 PM
I never smoked. But some of my cousins did and they all said they just stopped. And started eating more.
hugss
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:02 PM

Have you asked your doctor about some od the meds there are now to help?
Best of luck :) 

Quoting Dallasleigh15: I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes!!! I'm more than ok with weight gain. I'm trying to gain 30lbs i have a high metabolism. And i can't chew the gum or any gummy food. I've tried the patch also tried listening to hypnosis while sleeping. Please help

Dallasleigh15
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:06 PM
I know a guy that messed with that stuff. He said it was the worst feeling in the world... like every side effect he had. That scares me

Quoting hugss:

Have you asked your doctor about some od the meds there are now to help?Best of luck :) 

Quoting Dallasleigh15: I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes!!! I'm more than ok with weight gain. I'm trying to gain 30lbs i have a high metabolism. And i can't chew the gum or any gummy food. I've tried the patch also tried listening to hypnosis while sleeping. Please help

hugss
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:07 PM

Evweryone is different though .. Keep that in mind.
There's an ear thing they do as well
Drink lots of water & have some candy like lifesavers/tic tacs around at all times

It will be the hardest thing you've ever done :)

Quoting Dallasleigh15: I know a guy that messed with that stuff. He said it was the worst feeling in the world... like every side effect he had. That scares me
Quoting hugss:

Have you asked your doctor about some od the meds there are now to help?Best of luck :) 

Shadylady33
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM

My mom is a hypnotherapist and she will be the first one to tell you that listening to your tapes while sleeping WILL NOT help you.  Believe me, I know from her telling me a hundred thousand and counting times! Lol

Anyway, I am using the e-cig.  Good luck! fingers crossedgood luck

nnmfam
by on Mar. 9, 2018 at 11:58 AM

I know how hard it is to quit been trying myself working out seems to help and suckers and carrot sticks

Dallasleigh15
by Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 7:18 AM
I'm trying 1 of those blue cigarettes. I live in a small town no one around here does hypnotists 😭

Quoting Shadylady33:

My mom is a hypnotherapist and she will be the first one to tell you that listening to your tapes while sleeping WILL NOT help you.  Believe me, I know from her telling me a hundred thousand and counting times! Lol

Shadylady33
by Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:40 PM

I went three days without anything and then bought a Mark Ten e-cig. You can get re-fill filters instead of buying a whole new e-cig everytime.  I have never seen the re-fills for the Blues.

Quoting Dallasleigh15: I'm trying 1 of those blue cigarettes. I live in a small town no one around here does hypnotists 😭
Quoting Shadylady33:

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I got this and I'm slowly stepping down my nicotine levels. I'm down to 3 now so it shouldn't be much longer.
zeesmuse
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:50 PM

Well, my off the cuff answer is - never start. But since you did, from everyone I know who have gone through it, quitting cold turkey is the best, fastest and most permanent way. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)