Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me in a nutshell

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well I'm 24 and will be 25 April, 8. I've never been a mom but I'm bout to be! I'm due June 15 and yes that's two days before before Father's Day! I'm not working at the moment but I am looking for work but it's kinda hard when you're about to pop and look like you could at any day, so I try my best to keep the apartment clean and my husband happy. I'm kind old fashioned and nothing like any of my family but for maybe looks and even that's kinda iffy... I've always wondered if I was adopted but my mom always swore that she had me but then again I don't see how anyone could disown their only daughter, I mean yeah she has a son (my half brother) but I still don't see how you can do that. I am very kind and have Graves Disease and that makes life a little harder and more complicated.

by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Shadylady33
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, welcome to Cafe' Mom.  I had to look up Graves Disease and man that sounds rough!  Congrats on your new baby!  There is nothing like being a mom!  Too bad about your family problems.  hugs

Twialine
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Thank youy for the warm welcome. Yeah it kinda is rough.... I've never really knew a life were I wasn't sick but I'm use to it by now. I am very happy to have been so lucky to become prego I'm not sure if you read or not but Graves makes it where your periods aren't normal making you either hardly ever oviolate or unable to. I can't wait to be a mom! and as for the family problems it's okay my family has always been weird in one way or another. Thank you for the hug! I love hugs! It's to bad I don't really have any friends around here but my baby shower is the 24th and I'll see my friends then and I got them on facebook so it's all good!

Quoting Shadylady33:

Well, welcome to Cafe' Mom.  I had to look up Graves Disease and man that sounds rough!  Congrats on your new baby!  There is nothing like being a mom!  Too bad about your family problems.  hugs

Twialine
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for that warm welcome!

Quoting virginiamama71:

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:38 PM

Welcome to CafeMom. 

Don't one of those DNA checks look into your DNA to see if you have others who match? 

Maybe convince some family members to do the test.

Twialine
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:59 AM

I'm not understanding what you mean...

Quoting LancesMom:

Welcome to CafeMom. 

Don't one of those DNA checks look into your DNA to see if you have others who match? 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:58 AM

You said "I've always wondered if I was adopted but my mom always swore that she had me but then again I don't see how anyone could disown their only daughter, I mean yeah she has a son (my half brother) but I still don't see how you can do that" 

So you should do one of those DNA tests to see. 

Quoting Twialine:

Quoting LancesMom:

Welcome to CafeMom. 

Twialine
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:06 PM

oh lol sorry I didn't understand at first. Honestly it would just offend my family if I even asked them to do a DNA test and the last thing I want is a war with my grandma since she's pretty much the only person on either side that talks to me anymore. My family is pretty... Mean... My grandma is the only one that isn't.

Quoting LancesMom:

You said "I've always wondered if I was adopted but my mom always swore that she had me but then again I don't see how anyone could disown their only daughter, I mean yeah she has a son (my half brother) but I still don't see how you can do that" 

Quoting Twialine:

Quoting LancesMom:

Welcome to CafeMom. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:19 PM
I am sorry to hear your family is mean.
But if you ever do get serious about checking, they also compare your DNA to see if you match others. Who knows you may find a match to another person. It could answer your questions.
I've been trying to talk my hubby into tryng it just to see if he has a specific nationality in him! His family has claimed and unclaimed it over the yrs and we judgement dont know!

Quoting Twialine:

oh lol sorry I didn't understand at first. Honestly it would just offend my family if I even asked them to do a DNA test and the last thing I want is a war with my grandma since she's pretty much the only person on either side that talks to me anymore. My family is pretty... Mean... My grandma is the only one that isn't.

Quoting LancesMom:

Quoting Twialine:

Quoting LancesMom:

Welcome to CafeMom. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)